Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
Doug4law
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same question - will there be an upgrade/trade-in  option for Arlo 1 owners? Will the Arlo 1 cameras work on the Arlo 2 system?

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the new base will work with the old cameras.

Also, the new cameras will work with the old base.

Doug4law
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will Geofencing still be an option? Can you have more than one person linked to geofencing?

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, all products (at this time) are compatible with each other.

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Win, you may.

- Yoda

RichR
Star
Star

One Arlo Pro 2 to go please!

Rose4uKY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would love to win one of these. I am new here and wondered if the Arlo Pro2 is out yet for sale and if it is wired and not battery? Do you have to pay a subscription fee also? Who all has this if it's out yet and do you like it? We have Amazon Alexa and our looking for a good wired camera without paying a monthly fee.  Thanks!

Rose4uKY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forgot to ask but is their a base and just one camera for outdoors? Or do you have to buy the 2 pack and I'm guessing you would have one outdoors and one indoors?  We were just wanting one outside on our front porch but I am guessing we could put one out back.

MGorgol
Star
Star

Hello

Unfortunately, I just purchased the base station and 5 cameras for the Arlo Pro along with 5 solar panels. The several weeks later after I already threw away the packaging but have not yet completed the installation I received an advertisement for the Arlo Pro 2. I was hoping but have been unsuccessful to work something out to get some sort of discount to replace my Arlo Pro cams with the Pro 2 because I want to take advantage of the motion zones. In addition, I would like the higher quality video.

However, my question is regarding the solar panels and Arlo Pro 2 activity zones motion detection. Since the activity zones are only available when the Arlo Pro 2 camera is plugged in. Does the solar panel connection qualify as a plug in type? If so, has there been any testing to determine how well the camera stays charged using activity zones and being connected to the solar panels?

Thanks

sxr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Which USB drives do you recommend or have others used successfully in the Arlo Pro 2 base?

somewhereiniowa
Star
Star

Please enter me in the drawing. Thanks

dmatt56
Star
Star

Would love to win one of these systems!

Also, when will they be available for purchase?

Thanks,

Matt

NoisesInMyEars
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm looking forward to using wireless cameras and a siren for home security while I'm away. Will the app have any improvements to help with monitoring from a distance?
TaylorM
Aspirant
Aspirant

What are the main differences between the Arlo Pro and the new Arlo Pro 2, aside form 1080P? I've been a happy customer of the Arlo Pro for a couple years now, and would love to upgrade to the Arlo Pro 2, if it's worth it. 🙂

P.S. A free upgrade would be nice. 🙂

JNewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought arlo pro system will the pro2 cameras work with the pro base?

BretD wrote:

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

dillon324
Initiate
Initiate

Is the Arlo Pro base station compatible with the Pro 2 cameras, i.e. can I simply purchase only the cameras to upgrade my existing system or do I have to purchase the new base station?

Also, it would be helpful when you reply to questions if we could see the original post so we knew what you were answering. Probably cut down on repetitive questions. 

I am also experiencing the recent issues with geofencing (previously worked fine, now frequently shows mobile devices as unavailable and have to disconnect, save, restart, reconnect). Very frustrating for the most useful feature. 

Thanks

nickjames
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to know if the wireless connection (camera to base) will run on 5GHz or 2.4GHz? As how I understand it, previously it was only 2.4GHz, which makes sense since the range is longer but in a properly setup wireless environment (coverage), 5GHz should be available since interference/congestion is less on this band.

Byan107
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the arlo pro a week ago
Do I need to upgrade to arlo pro 2?
Goonnay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the battery life be drastically improved or will Arlo Pro 2 come with a better battery that can be used with Arlo Pro 1?

Thanks!

bigskygal17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are there any (or any plans to include) extra theft protection with the Arlo Pro 2 for the cameras themselves? (I.e.- lock codes, actual locks, ?)

BretD wrote:

Warwulf
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long does the it take to recharge the Arlo Pro 2 camera?

Warwulf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve read that the Arlo Pro 2 cameras allow 2-way audio. Can the volume of audio on the camera be adjusted for day-time (louder) and evening (quieter) use? 

SuperPeck
Aspirant
Aspirant
If the Arlo Pro 2 loses internet but you have it backed up to USB, when internet is restored will the recorded video on the USB transfer to the cloud and "catch up" or will Cloud viewing only be available for the periods internet is active?
Chauhoangdu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it 220v power plugged in ?
With the back-up storage, can I connect 4tb hard drive (such a WD my book / passport portable 4TB External Hard Drive) to save the record everyday automatically (like the cloud Netgear offer).