Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
bandco
Aspirant
Aspirant

How does this system work?  Does it record to the cloud, computer, or it's own device?

odel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I love your question.  It would be awesome to have an upgrade program like apple.   I'm follwing this question, since I would love to do the same.  

Geelo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will the new Pro 2 have outside mounts that are more secure?
WHEN will the new Pro 2 be available?
daninsc
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the battery life with continuous recording?

JCdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been searching the internet for a home security camera.  I live in a rural area and want to monitor my house, farm buildings and horses.  This looks to be a good option.  Not sure why I had not found out about Arlo in my searches.  Will be reading more about it to see if it meets my needs and is the right price for my budget.  Hope I win this contest! Smiley Wink

Griffin2013
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will I be able to connect an Arlo Pro 2 to an Arlo Pro base station?
dtom1791
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo 2.... If I plug it in to an indoor power outlet what are the advanced features that are unlocked?
cjjuds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do the 3 second Look Back and Activity Zones work with the Basic Subscription plan?

Is the Amazon Alexa support enhanced over the current integration with the Arlo Pro? Is the delay before showing video on an Echo Show shorter? Is two-way audio supported with an Echo Show?

Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice

Replying so that I can have a chance to win a camera

GBFKicks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Arlo Pro 2 have similar battery life to the Arlo Pro?

Myles1991
Guide
Guide
I love Arlo
biged391
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I would like one thank you.

topdog7950
Aspirant
Aspirant

ArloPro2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro and have one camera facing outside and the other 3 inside the house.  I would like to have the front camera on at all times but it's all or nothing for the Arlo Pro.  Will the Arlo Pro 2 have the option to have one or two cameras on at all times without having all the cameras on at the same time?

Yokatta
Aspirant
Aspirant
chrisemery
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you tell me when this new camera will be available in the UK?

In the meantime hopefully I may be the lucky winner!

JudyTX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I use my existing Arlo Pro base station with an Arlo Pro 2 add-on camera?
RaminMD7
Aspirant
Aspirant

considering there are 4 cameras in the kit - how come 4 outdoor mounts are not included ?  what if one wishes to mount all4 outside - only 1 outside mount is included

acsojr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will the pro one get any upgraded features like the pro 2.
Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Awesome. This seems like a really great product that meets the needs of a lot of people, myself included. I look forward to reading the reviews and adopting this system for my family & I.

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the new camera is backwars compatible with the previous base station.

Battery life has improved over the older model. Just recoginze that some of the more advance features of the camera only work when powered by a hardline & not when its wireless.

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, per other community reviews, the new cameras are backwards compatible with the original base station. All the features will work too. Just remeber that some of the Pro 2 camera features only work when its pluged into power and not when its wireless.

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recommended range is -4f to 113f degrees (-20c to 45c). So i'd try to keep it out of direct sunlight.

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the new cameras are backwards compatible to the original base station.

Ferr1s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good luck!