Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
rbull07
Initiate
Initiate

will arlo pro 2 work  instantly or is there a delay

sophia10
Initiate
Initiate

Can you tell me what security features you have included to keep hackers from viewing your camera's footage?

Grecoan
Tutor
Tutor
I have a arlo pro and would like to upgrade to the new arlo pro 2 cameras do you offer a upgrade program where you can send in you cameras and pay for a upgrade thanks
adi311287
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Is Arlo Pro and Pro 2 battery the same? I want win Pro 2 ! 🙂

Mplank79
Initiate
Initiate
Is the Arlo Pro 2 backwards compatible with the original Arlo system?
skingspan
Luminary
Luminary

Does the Arlo Pro 2 use the same battery as the Arlo Pro? 

--------------------------------------------
https://wickedsmarthome.blogspot.com/
huangpaul
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can the Arlo 2 work with my VMB3000 system (aka Arlo) that I purchased from Costco? Thx
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.

Luzzzi
Initiate
Initiate

Love the Arlo Security Camera System.  I purchased the Arlo Pro because it offered the Geofencing feature.  It originally worked flawlessly, but now I have to manually arm and disarm the camera when I leave home and return. Can anyone tell me if  the Arlo Pro2 has fixed the bug?

Believefilms
Guide
Guide
Since the quality of the video is now 1080p , what about the battery life , how long the battery can last at best video mode in 1080p , can I sync the new arlo pro 2 into the old base ? How many gb on the sd card support the new base.
Believefilms
Guide
Guide
Since the quality of the video is now 1080p , what about the battery life , how long the battery can last at best video mode in 1080p , can I sync the new arlo pro 2 into the old base ? How many gb on the sd card support the new base.
doczenith1
Apprentice
Apprentice

One thing to check is if your phone has it's location services turned on and also make sure that the Arlo app is allowed to use those services.  I'm assuming that you have already rebooted both your phone and the base station at some point?

Bof
Guide
Guide
Are the advanced features available if the camera is powered by the solar panel?
larealboy
Guide
Guide

Will the Arlo Pro 2 work seemingless with the Arlo Pro and will the Arlo Pro 2 last as long as the Arlo Pro?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  All features of the camera itself woill work fine.

Luzzzi
Initiate
Initiate

I did make sure location services on my iPhone were on and that Arlo app was allowed to use the services as well.  I rebooted my iPhone, but never rebooted the base station.  I will try that.  Thank you.

Ltscam
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

Wanted to enter the contest, but also wanted to find out, are there any differences in the hub vs the pro 1?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Haven't noticed any , but , it may be some thing like processor, mem... but no specs released yet

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Dazee
Tutor
Tutor

I just spent over $1000.00 on the Arlo Pro and am wondering if I should return and replace with 2...having trouble and would sure like to have 2 if there have been improvements.   I believe this is a good product and have been boasting about it.

rampin
Aspirant
Aspirant

How long does the Arlo 2 last on a battery charge?

Winkyboy
Initiate
Initiate
Is there any upgrade path for Arlo 1 owners?
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Many variables involved:  E.g. record length, sensitivity,  several settings can influence battery life.

scanpro
Initiate
Initiate

What is the distance at which a clear picture is possible?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

near or far ?

About a foot to where ever, all depends on what you what to see.

Morse is faster than texting!