Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will Arlo Pro 2 need an outdoor power cable/pack for outside?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
iknowgungfu
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

I am considering buying a set of these for my home.  I am thinking of having two cameras installed on the exterior of my house and running a power cable through the wall to a socket (UK based).  Just wondering if this is an easy thing to do (i.e. drilled hole size) taking into account the cabling and size/shape used to power it via mains power.

Would this need to be the outdoor power cable/pack?  My plan is not to have it plugged in outside but I presume the outdoor cable has increased weather protection.

I notice the website states that for 3 second look back it is available "when plugged in and used indoors".  Live chat stated that if the camera is powered by mains the 3 second look back would work outside too - I was just hoping someone may be able to confirm this with their own set up to be sure (the wording on the website is slightly unconvincing).

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help answer these questions.  I am currently torn between these and the Nest IQ cameras and these would potentially be factored in to my choices.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Everything you've been told and surmised is correct. You do need to use an outdoor power supply, even if plugged in inside, since the connector on the camera needs to be sealed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation