Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

I don't know why it has to take 30 seconds to a minute to get to live view with Arlo Pro cameras. I have several wyze cameras and I can get live view instantly

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master
Where does it stall when loading? Is this using the mobile app or web portal?
When it occurs have you tried power cycling the base station to see if it speeds up?
I have to power cycle my base station after midnight L.A. time to get my base station to respond correctly.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Johnny290 wrote:
I have several wyze cameras and I can get live view instantly

Do they work over a cloud connection or just local wifi?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
The wyze cameras work on Wi-Fi and Cloud and I always connect instantly. The Arlo cameras first you have to load the app , let the app loadup then wait about 10 20 seconds for the live view. Yes I am running the latest app yes I have rebooted my base station. I am using a Samsung S10 Plus with all the latest updates. This is nothing new . I have Arlo for years and it's always been this way.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're connecting to the Wyze cams via WiFi at home. Away it's via the cloud. Not to mention a 110 second video every 5 minutes isn't useful.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm not sure what you're talkin about where is cameras work away from home and at home Wi-Fi is not necessary
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
These cameras also take an SD card and have 24 hour recording you're able to access this from your phone anytime anywhere so the short recording time really doesn't matter. And there is no extra charge
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had V1 and V2 versions and sold them. There are interesting capabilities but also severe shortcomings.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
For 25 bucks best cameras on the market
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I don't no why you would sell a camera that only cost 25 bucks. Really how much can you get for it, why bother.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Now I know why you're talkin the way your talkin. You work for Arlo so the things that you say are not surprising

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation