Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Why do my cameras have vertical color as seen in my attachment?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Highlighted
Follower
Follower
Why do my cameras show vertical colored lines when connected but no picture as in attachment
Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wireboy wrote:
Why do my cameras show vertical colored lines when connected but no picture as in attachment

I'm not seeing the attachment.  

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

a couple of my cameras have started doing this as well 

have removed them readded them they work ok then it comes back colorcolor

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

@gaw370 wrote:

a couple of my cameras have started doing this as well 

This is a symptom of a corrupted video stream (either due to a connection issue, or a firmware bug when transmitting an I-frame).

I'm seeing it fairly often in my own cameras, so I am suspecting there's a bug introduced somewhere.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought and installed my cameras today (2 cameras) and I've noticed one of them doing this too.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

i updated this camera recently was playing up so deleted and readded worked for half a day and then it came back. I know its not the wifi range / coverage as i get 140Mb/s to the area where the camera is 

Highlighted
Guide
Guide
Im having the same problem too
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
How's the connection of the camera to the Base Station however? I'm pretty sure the internet connection doesn't matter between those two points. I'm getting a signal strength fluctuating between full and 2/3
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not the internet connection its the wifi connection speed which im guessing given i can connect under the camera at these speeds and the base station is in the server rack with the wifi module then the camera should also have a strong signal - i too am between full and 2/3.

i have 5 cameras and only 1 is doing this  and this is only since upgraded and reconnected. 

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

@gaw370 wrote:

I know its not the wifi range / coverage as i get 140Mb/s to the area where the camera is 

That's not directly relevant, since the camera isn't using your home wifi.

One practical thing you could try is swapping two cameras, and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB

I stand corrected ..

I have three camera equal distance from base station all
Showing a min of 2/3 and only one Has been having this issue since the last update

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

That’s odd. I too, have seen this just today. First time since I bought the stuff last July. Add something else to the Arlo complaint list.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too am having the same issue as of today which brought me to this group discussion. I purchased another Arlo base station to help my other base station and see if that’s the problem. 3 out of 6 cameras are giving me an issue.
Model: VMB4500 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary
Interesting. Could this be a totally new thing with these cameras?
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
Certainly not a great new feature I had someone on my porch yesterday and the camera was useless. Trying to see who it was all i got was vertices lines
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation