Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

White Balance & Night Vision

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mnpf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just set up 3 External Cameras.
If I switch Night Vision on , in the morning , once the sun has risen, the picture can be a ‘white out’ or near enough. .
When I check the light level using the ‘Sun Icon’ it will have risen to the highest position, it would start the evening before at 3/4 up. If I adjust the light level down, then the picture returns to normal.
During the night the picture is fine using Night Vision. It is only the time when Night turns to dusk and then day that there is a problem
Anyone know why or how it can be remedied?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you adjust the brightness, are you also saving the setting? It may not be obvious that you have to.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The SUN ( iris ) setting shold stay in the same place after setting.

Try and set from PC if using an app ( https://arlo.netgear.com/  )

1) reset camera by pulling then replacing battery

2) if NG, remove camera and bring back as new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you adjust the brightness, are you also saving the setting? It may not be obvious that you have to.

mnpf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply.

I couldn’t go through your suggestions for three days and during that the problem persisted. However all
of a sudden the problem stopped and no more ‘white outs’. Not sure why but it has not reoccurred for a few days now. If it does then I’ll I can use your info, thanks again.
mnpf
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply.

Actually no I hadn’t picked up on this, simple and obvious, which is probably why I missed that. Thanks again.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation