Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Which AC power adapter from other model base stations will also work with the 4500 base station?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GHI1943
Tutor
Tutor

I have managed to misplace the AC power adapter for my Arlo Basestation VMB4500. Unless I can find it I will have to buy another. My question is, which adapter from other model base stations will also work with the 4500 base station? I see lots of 3000,  3500, 4000, etc, but none specifically saying it will work on the 4500.  I'm assuming most have the same s

2 REPLIES 2
tonydi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any 12V DC adapter that outputs 1.0A or higher will work as long as it fits the port in the base and has a "+" center (most do).  But it must be a 12 volt DC output and one amp or more.  It doesn't have to be specifically for an Arlo base and I'll bet you've probably got something around the house that will work since 12V/1.0A is common.

I have a 3500 but while it's 12v, it's only 0.5A so that won't work.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

As @tonydi says, any generic adapter will work. I chip in only to add that there are 00s of these for sale in the usual places. 

Any generic adapter will work, as long as it has the right volts, enough amps and a tip with the right (+/-) polarity and dimensions. Many device makers use the same specifications. Netgear, for example, which used to own Arlo, has the same adapters. Look for something "compatible with" Netgear and/or Arlo.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation