Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where did my recordings go

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide
Today is day seven of owning this product, woke up this morning to find the previous 6 or 7 days recordings all gone. Including all the videos that recorded the night before while I’m sleeping . Aren’t the recording’s kept for 7 days, meaning day 8 replaces day 1 or do all 7 days get deleted on day 8.. I hope its not the later bit it sure seems that way.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/Arlo-outage/m-p/1405454

Arlo outage

Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2.30 AM  Pacific time in their library.   ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for a new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once our server is back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Arlo Team

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh wow, I probably wouldnt have noticed if you didnt post this but ALL my recordings prior to today are GONE. Even ones from last night. it should NOT do that. It normally spans out the last 7 days and that 8th day will just drop off and you will always still have those last 7 days. Wow, Netgear does it again, erased all the proof we had showing the many faults of this new Arlo Pro 2 system. Crazy. The cover up is real. Things just keep getting worse and worse. Probably the most regretful purchase I've ever made.

akdarstudios
Initiate
Initiate
Same here. I had a weeks worth of recordings on 4 cameras, all gone! I sure hope they are still on the Arlo cloud!!!
Knit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo system that normally have hundreds of recordings between them in a week.  Logged in to check things this morning and the library shows no recordings for the week on either account. Is the server dead?

ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

@JamesC what the heck man? Im just about done being Netgears beta tester. 

kev001
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue!  What is going on Netgear!!

Levelshouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ours are gone as well. What good is this if we do not have the recordings? Does anyone have an answer? Anything will be appreciated.

Rscotty
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here - All previous recordings have disappeared.  This doesn’t appear to be the first time this has happened either.  The lack of a response from Netgear is a concern as this is what I would consider to be a critical issue for a security product.

I just bought these a few days ago - Bestbuy may be getting these back.

pellevander
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras registered and recorded this morning and I dowloaded a recording.
NOW SUDDENLY EVERY RECORDING IS GONE FROM THE ARLO LIBRARY!
Rscotty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m a retired IT professional and am concerned about the lack of response from Netgear support.  Security products require 24 X 7 X 365 support and this is what I would consider to be a sev 1 issue.

I would expect to see a response from Netgear stating that they are aware of the issue, that it is being actively worked as wel as a time when the next update on the issue would be posted.

As it currently stands, there are multiple threads on the same issue and I have no idea if Netgear is even aware of the issue.  To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement.

vivyum
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem here. It is even worse for me, as I have bought their Elite package which should give me 60 days worth of cloud storage of up to 100GB. All the recordings that I had since owning this product (roughly 1.5 months) are all gone, except for 30 Sept and some of the recordings today. I am very disappointed that no technicians from Netgear responding to all our queries. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/Arlo-outage/m-p/1405454

Arlo outage

Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2.30 AM  Pacific time in their library.   ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for a new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once our server is back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Arlo Team

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation