Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When Will A Camera Bridge Be Available?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoseCanyusi
Guide
Guide

I've heard that an additional base station can be used to extend range, but this would require running additional CAT5 cable. A camera bridge is a much more elegant solution. Anyone know if/when this might happen? It seems this would be a priority since limited range will put off many customers with larger properties causing them to look to other companies. I have a camera mounted about 30' from the base in a two story house and it's burning a battery in about 36 hours. I'm considering returning my system to Best Buy for this reason.

How about a "bridge mode" for additional base stations that doesn't require a cabled connection? Should be more efficient than developing a new product.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I wouldn't count on it happening any time soon. If it's already in the Ideas Exchange section, please go upvote it there.

In the meantime, you don't have to run CAT5 cabling to the additional base station site. You can use a wifi extender with ethernet port or better yet get a Mesh networking system eg Orbi and plug the additional base station into the mesh satellite. You could have one Orbi unit and one base station per floor of your two storey house. This would give you not only excellent Arlo signal strengths but whole home wifi that's blazingly fast

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation