Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What happens when Internet and Router has outages?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TEQ1948
Tutor
Tutor

What happens when my internet and router go down?  Do I have to re-sync the base station and cameras?  Or does everything revert to normal when the internet and router come back online. If a manual reset is required, this would be problematic if I’m away from home for any length of time. 

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I believe a number of people had previously reported that the system doesn't come back online. Not sure if it's been fixed since then. But the workaround suggested at the time was a wifi outlet/switch to plug the base station into. This should come back online when the internet comes back online and you can use it to power cycle the base station, which should then bring everything back to normal.
Occasionally your router might not come back online without a restart. For this, you can use an electronic timer switch and have the router turn off for 1 minute at eg 2am and back on again at 2:01am. Or there are wifi outlets that connect to the wifi and when the internet is lost, they power cycle the devices attached. These are naturally more expensive

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation