Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RobertSF
Star
Star

For years I have downloaded Arlo videos recorded from my Pro 2 system onto my HP Chromebook without problems.  Recently I will select a video from the library and press the download button, but sometimes nothing happens - NO response.  The button isn't even recognized.  I can repeatedly press the button with no success.  Sometimes it will work on a different video.  I had also discovered in the past when this happened, that as an alternative, if I click on the horizontal row of 3 dots beneath the problem video, and then press 'download' in the dropdown list of options, that would work.  This time, even that method isn't working.  Is this a problem with Chrome or is this a problem with Arlo?  By the way, I have never experienced this problem on my Windows 10 PC.

I just cleared my Chromebook cache, cookies, and browsing and download history.  Then I checked for updates and downloaded the latest update, (why I hadn't received any notice from Google that a new update was available, I have no idea), and then restarted my Chromebook.  None of that helped.  Arlo library download button still sporadically working.  I am assuming that Chromebooks are still a supported platform for Arlo.   

I would appreciate it if anyone else who may be experiencing this Chromebook download problem would respond to this post if they have had any success in fixing it, or if anyone in the community might be able to offer any suggestions that I can try, over and above what I've already done.  This is extremely frustrating, because I consider the Arlo download function one of the most important features of the system. Thanks for any help that may be offered! 

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master

What is the arlo web portal version showing in the settings about page?

RobertSF
Star
Star

Thanks for responding Dannybear...

The listed version is: 3.8.0_4, released 10/18/2022.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I don’t have a chrome book to confirm your issue.

@JamesC recently mentioned in another thread that arlo is beginning to roll out a new web portal so it might be related.

I still have 3.7.1_2 where I am so not much help with that either.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RobertSF wrote:

I would appreciate it if anyone else who may be experiencing this Chromebook download problem would respond to this post if they have had any success in fixing it, or if anyone in the community might be able to offer any suggestions that I can try, over and above what I've already done.  

@jguerdat uses a chromebook, so I am tagging him to call his attention to your post.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't often download videos except to test something which this case had me try. I generally use the Android app rather than the web client since it remains logged in much longer than the web client but that's just a personal thing.

I tried downloading multiple videos from the web using both methods described (select and download as well as from a video's menu choice) and had no problems. I'm on a Lenovo Chromebook so I suppose that could be a difference but I'm not really sure how. This issue coupled with the lack of automatic ChromeOS update notifications leads me to suspect the HP's setup/configuration. WHile it would be a pain, my first step would be to back up anything needed and powerwash (reset) the Chromebook so you have a known configuration. 

If you choose to do that, let us know the results which hopefully would be success.

RobertSF
Star
Star

Thank you StephenB and jguerdat, for your replies.  I think I'll avoid the Powerwash step for now, but will consider this if all else fails.  As I mentioned, I haven't had a problem on Windows, so while it was just more convenient to download on the Chromebook and have lots of storage space on Google Drive, I can use the PC.  I do know that from past experience, some of these oddball quirks often resolve themselves over time through periodic updates.  So I thank everyone for their input and will wait and see if anything new develops.

Regards,

Robert

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation