Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Web and Android Schedules won't stay in sync

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
LowlyWorm
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Just setting up my new Arlo Pro 2.

The schedules via my Arlo on the web interface don't stay in sync with what is on the Android app.

If I set up the schedule on the web then look at the schedule on the Android app it's not the same.  Then if I change the Android's schedule to what I set up on the web, when I go to the web schedule it's all messed up.

Surely they should be in sync and not break each other?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @LowlyWorm,

Have you tried re-logging in onto both the Android and web version to see if they start syncing properly? And I would suggest to try using another device tho check if it shows correctly.

camhead
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mode setting changes made on the web app synced briefly (a day or so) on the Android app but then were wiped out on the phone. The cameras follow the phone settings so my home was unprotected due to the phone app not syncing correctly. I'd think that the most recent changes made either on phone or web would sync both phone and web. Right now the web shows I have a full schedule for each day whereas the phone only shows the schedule for Monday and a partial  weekend. I have read other members comments and I have logged out and back into both the web and phone with no positive results. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras don't follow a phone or computer. When set, the base handles it all. I strongly suggest setting the schedule using a browser since the app has been proven to have issues with proper display.

PROBEDROID
Star
Star
I have mentioned this before and unfortunately it has not yet been addressed. The cameras will indeed follow what the phone app does on a schedule. I believe what you are experiencing is what I call the midnight bug. If you set your schedule to end at 11:59pm and start at 12:00am, then it should stick on both web and phone app. However, you should know that your cameras will be disarmed for that minute between 11:59pm and 12:00am. I have been frustrated by this problem when they broke it several app updates ago. I believe it was roughly sometime back in May when they broke it. I also believe it's about time they go ahead and fix it! Arlo are you listening?!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras are active for the whole 11:59PM minute. You're not missing anything. However, the app wants to set the end time as 12:00AM - don't. 

PROBEDROID
Star
Star
Jguerdat,

Respectfully, you are incorrect. I have tested this and that is absolutely what happens. Protection is disabled for that minute. At least, this is what I've experienced with the Android version of the app. It may be different for Iphone.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've actually tested between 11:59PM and 12:00AM? We've been told that the full minute is armed. Testing during the day doesn't include the wrap to the next day and the minute is indeed not armed but I'm not staying up till midnight to test the wrap.

PROBEDROID
Star
Star

Yes, I actually stayed up and tested between 11:59pm and 12:00am and the cameras did not record for that minute. I appreciate your feedback. Maybe Arlo will fix this one day soon.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have now used my browser to set the stop time at 12:00AM and start at the same to see what happens. I can say that the app now displays a schedule of the proper 12:00AM to 7:00AM but only for Monday while the browser still shows the correct time as well as all days.

PROBEDROID
Star
Star

Exactly,

You have reproduced the problem. Here is my orginal post about this issue with screenshots to illustrate the problem.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Release-Notes-Android-App-2-5-3-7th-August-2018/m-p/1621292

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming the schedule works as set in the browser, it's a display issue on the app, not a schedule issue. The app has had this display issue for some time, hence my trong suggestions to only use a browser for these functions.

PROBEDROID
Star
Star

My experience has been that it will follow the schedule on the phone app and not on the browser. For me it is more than just a display issue. The cameras will disarm according to the schedule on the phone app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested it. The browser schedule is being followed, not the one displayed in the app.

PROBEDROID
Star
Star

I also tested and you are correct. It does follow the browser schedule and not the app schedule. So, it does appear to be only a problem with how the schedule is displayed in the app. Still, it hurts my OCD that they don't sync properly if you take the schedule to midnight. I would appreciate it if Arlo would fix it. Thank you Jguerdat for troubleshooting with me.

camhead
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks all. Every response was helpfu. I knew there was something odd about the 11:59pm "gap" because one outdoor cam would trigger at exactly 12:02 every morning. Sometimes others as well. I do try and use the web app as much as possible and will work on the app. Definately the app needs work.

Today I left the house and armed all cameras using the app. It captured some motion for a few minutes then the whole system crashed. I had to reset the base (I have two bases but one has the majority of cameras). Different issue but ...  thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation