Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Want to add video doorbell to an older account

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I currently have a 5 camera Arlo Pro 2 with the VMB4000 base. I am grandfathered in that I have maxed out free monitoring with the 5 cameras. 
I would like to add a arlo wired video doorbell and know it would cost $2.99 a month to add, but wanted to know if it changes my other 5 cameras to be charged now because I went over the 5 cameras? 
thanks

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pzsaul wrote:

I would like to add a arlo wired video doorbell and know it would cost $2.99 a month to add, but wanted to know if it changes my other 5 cameras to be charged now because I went over the 5 cameras? 

You won't need to get a subscription for the other cameras, as long as you get the one you need for the doorbell.

The limit is 5 unsubscribed cameras per account.

pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply and input.

pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen, one more question. Does this work with the existing  low voltage chimes in my home. I want to install hardwire.

Dave

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pzsaul wrote:

Stephen, one more question. Does this work with the existing  low voltage chimes in my home.

It works with my own low voltage chimes.  Unfortunately Arlo doesn't have a compatibility list.  Ring does, and if your chime isn't compatible with Ring it likely won't be compatible with Arlo either.

• The AVD1001 ("wired") requires 16-24 vac and you need to install a powerkit at one of the chimes.  
  • The AVD2001 ("wireless") has a removable battery, and is trickle-charged from the transformer.  It doesn't need a powerkit, and can be used down to 8 vac.

The AVD1001 is a bit thinner, and has a longer range of motion detection (not always a plus, especially since the camera can't be aimed).  It also works with homekit (the AVD2001 is supposed to, but it doesn't yet - and the release of that feature has been pending for a very long time).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation