Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video streaky and unusable? Recently installed WiFi extender to get better signal.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Moguu
Follower
Follower

(Picture attached)
I'm having a problem with a camera that I need to look into a parking spot. It has super streaky video it looks like modern art. It still is activating for motion but it's pointless because I can't see what's going on in the video everything is just a blob. It connects to the base and connects to the wifi while on it's mount. I've also recently installed a wifi extender nearby in hopes that maybe it just had a weak signal and an extender would fix the issue (it didn't so now I'm here).
I tried today to move my base station closer to this specific camera by about 5 feet which is pretty much the farthest I can move it.
I'm just wondering what could be causing this? The only thing I can think of is that it's not working because it's installed below a gutter and that's somehow blocking it's signal? Other than that I've run out of ideas...

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
Further details of the streaking may be helpful. Try linking a video to the next post.
Also is the camera externally powered?

If the streaking is more like smearing and moves sideways and downwards, then seems to restart every few seconds then it’s likely to be a camera firmware issue.

Try removing and reinserting the battery to clear the bug.

If externally powered, try removing power for a few minutes and reapply again to see if the camera will reset.

If the above does work then you may have to do this regularly as it will return within a day or two.

It occurs for me on all my cameras even when they are close to the base station.

The workaround for me is to regularly power cycle the base station or the camera’s plug charger using smart switches.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation