Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video playback speed changes where it either speeds up or slows down. How to prevent?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Wattman
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo system with 4 Pro 2 cameras. Lately I have noticed that when I view two of these cameras recordings, it has periods of time that the video either speeds up or slows down. Why does this happen? And what can I do to prevent this defective recording?

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Wattman,

If you're experiencing your recordings speed to be fast or slow, try to test by having the cameras closer to the Base Station and try recording to see if it occurs again. If so, you might want to try rebooting your Base Station to see if that helps.

Joepoodle
Aspirant
Aspirant
This problem just started. What has changed with software?Speeds up and slows down and even loses content in middle of recording. Rebooted base. This is a new problem for me.
Joepoodle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I send my video to Arlo to review? What email address do I send it too.
This needs fixing.
My system has not changed. Something else has.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Joepoodle,

Is this happening on both the Arlo app on your phone device and/or the web client on your computer? You can contact the Support Team with this link. You will find several options for contacting support.

Mmueller328
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have experienced this as well. It all started with the new app
Beef
Apprentice
Apprentice
Joepoodle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I only use the App to view and download recordings so it is likely a Bug in the New App. Even the download is glitchy.
When re-viewing the one particular recording it is oddly fast, slow, or parts missing.....but never the same issue two viewings in a row.
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I too have noticed the same thing. The quality is crap from what it used to be.

I have tried rebooting everything. Same crap results.

This is on both the app and watching it on my desktop computer. (via the Arlo website)

Arlo...What happened?

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I see the same issue. Every one of my recorded videos start off for the first three seconds in slow motion and then change to normal on their own. I’m doubting it’s the app as the app is only a tool to view content. 
Check your base station software version. I found that mine had an update around the same time as the new app came out. I’m guessing it’s the new version of software that was pushed out.

Im also seeing a higher number of video drop outs where the sound keeps recording but the person simply disappears mid motion. 

come on Arlo, please fix this. And no, nothing changed on my end!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation