Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Very slow notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ljplanck
Aspirant
Aspirant
new to arlo so this may have been covered. Are the push notifications on a pro 2 always so slow ? I mean I could be in and out of my house by the time it notifies me. Also the motion on the camera is terrible unless you are a car or wave your arms and jump around and I have the sensitivity in the high 80’s is this all normal?? Not real happy with this system at all .
6 REPLIES 6
Stevec49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new as well and am having the same problems. I have subscribed. Have set my zones etc. Can walk or drive past the cameras and not get any notifications. Not very happy and considering selling.

Stevec49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ljplanck

I have some other community posts. Appears that these cameras do not wotk thtough glass. If yours are inside try putting them outside, makes them vulnerable to theft but they work better both in thd day snd night.

bettebent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sometimes my notifications come immediately, sometimes 5-6 minutes later...

Ljplanck
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are outside
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the base station & test again? You can also try and remove the cameras from the Settings > Devices and reinstall.

CameraPug
Star
Star

If you are using the Arlo SMART activity zones, cameras not plugged in, then I have found that notifications are delayed a bit. You can test this by just removing the activity zone and you will find that you will get your notifications quicker.

Im not saying this is what is causing your issue, but I have tested this a number of times and it is very true. I also believe that with the latest app update that notifications are even slower now.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation