Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
Not sure what's wrong with this camera. It's so hazy you really can't see anything. Any type of light cause huge haze(think astigmatism)
12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @g3niu5

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
I've tried cleaning the lens with a microfiber, swapped batteries, reset the camera, tested it inside only, messed with brightness settings, messed with video quality settings.
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried removing the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re add it?

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
No, because unfortunately I would lose the camera due to the fact that I'm on a grandfathered plan and you can't add cameras on older plans...learned that the hard way.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Removing & re-adding your camera does not affect your current subscription.

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
When I go to add cameras I removed this is what I get. I need to "activate" them
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
So I have 1 slot available to add a camera and I cannot..screen shot shows 9cameras used of 10 yet I cannot activate a camera
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What is the flow you used. You should have been able to go to Settings > My Devices > Select the camera > remove Device, Then add it back to your base station.

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary

thats the exact flow I used, and cannot add it back on...it will not "Activate" and wants me to subscribe to Arlo Premier...so im stuck with a 10 camera subscription but can only use 9 of them unless i change plans...which i do not want to

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary
After explaining the situation to support I haven't heard anything back. Also here is a screenshot..
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @g3niu5

Do you have that case number so I can take a look?

Thanks

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary

they updated the case and figured it out today, thanks for that.

Unfortunately the camera still has a hazy picture to it.  Especially when there are lights.  I havent tested it in pitch dark so i will test it tonight and see how night vision is.  Here is another screenshot.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation