Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMS4230P from US in Germany

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MCTiedi
Follower
Follower

Hello community, i've buyed a set in USA and will use it in Germany, but the plugs are for US powernet. Can anyone give me a list from the Netgear poweradapter that i need in Germany?

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@MCTiedi

I believe any travel adapter that accepted the US style plug and converted it a European plug would work. I have read that the Arlo power adapter can work on 220 VAC.

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I have read that the Arlo power adapter can work on 220 VAC.

Brian

I have seen mixed reports on this. It seems to depend on the equipment involved.

I have seen reports that 120-volt modem/router power supplies are fine at 240 volts, but other reports that an Arlo 120-volt adapter blew up at 240 volts.

I have a 120-volt Arlo Pro adapter sitting here awaiting a definitive answer.

Is there any way of testing it before using the thing in anger?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

@michaelkenward@MCTiedi

Arlo has many customers in Europe, UK, Australia and New Zeland, so I will wait until one of them answers to be sure that you don't damage your equipment. But here in the US it is very easy to find travel kits that convert the 220V European style power plugs into 110V US style adapters. When my wife goes back to Vietnam to visit her family she takes along one of these kits to charge her iPhone and power her Laptop. but to be sure, insure that the adaptor transformer steps the voltage down to 110V. 

Let's wait a little bit to see what others in your situation are doing.

P.S. Have you tried to Google your question?

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@michaelkenward@MCTiedi

Check out this link and read all the posts in this thread.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Using-US-version-in-UK/td-p/1245555

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Thanks. Knowing that @steve_t is also an alien, he should have useful experience.

That is one of several discussions on that. I must have missed it.

It is odd that Netgear, unlike most other kit makers, does not clearly label its transformers as dual voltage.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

@michaelkenward

Now I didn't say Steve_t was an alein! LOL

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation