Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4kr3 firmware update v1.14.1.0_2909_bfcf6... corrupting operational settings.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just a heads up with the latest base firmware push by arlo.

All my operational settings have been corrupted that relate to modes, rules and schedules.

Looks like a complete rebuild will be required.

Good luck to all.
153 REPLIES 153
TW35601
Guide
Guide
Does anybody here agree that the individuals who write the update Coding must not be the individuals that actually wrote the original programming. Combine that with the fact that netgear’s customer support has always been Notorious for being non-user-friendly. We use the Arlo system and ring Both I’m thinking about going back to hardwired Owl System with ring. Don’t have to worry about someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing loading an update that does not work and delete all of your custom settings and yes I did put this on social media and if anyone who asked me ring has proven to be more reliable than Arlo because this is about the fourth time this has happened if you’re running the default armed setting I strongly suggest you check it’s settings also because it changed them also And yes netgear I know you can and may delete this or lock it and say problem is Solved not true fourth time with this issue this year and go’s back to 2016 right now your show no issue with the system over 25 posts with this issue and No problem??? Your live chat help Waited 20 mins still waiting really?? What call you well waited 25 mins on hold no just going to blow you out on the web it is sad the system it self is great but your software engineer Suck And you know how bad you guys are out of touch with your customer base maybe some bad PR well help you wake up... ask P&G what happened with Tide you guy are not the only ballgame in town
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
The error continues in the Android app. Permanent getting status and now we have moved into September in the United Kingdom, it appears like motion detection recording and notications are failing as well. A real mess this update is. Worst I remember and I'm over two years with the system now.
Santorini1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I’ve been have ongoing issues with my ArloPro 2 cameras and yesterday even after I turned off the custom mode I have for overnight it was triggering. I tired a number of time to reset the base station and then do all of the usual unplug, turn off etc etc but each tume I did it still triggered even though it was set to disarmed. I tried to delete the custom mode I had built but kept getting the error message “‘cannot delete error 4000”. I’ve now been able to delete the mode but when I now try and set up a custom mode the add device option isn’t available so I can’t add my Arlo lights to the mode. I’ve done all of the usual restart devices, unplugged etc etc but to no avail. Thanks.
jiress
Guide
Guide
Here is the print screen in the app in edit mode of armed mode.
o-man2222
Guide
Guide
Solution i saw was given was to upgrade subscription. $$$$
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here, had mode errors for a few days. No amount of resetting is solving it. This is either firmware, software or server issues.
Santorini1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so I’m not alone which is good. I now can’t update the settings either such as record video when mention or audio is detected so stuck with old rules. Get error 4000 all the time 0AF7A5FA-A387-4A3C-9E2C-781E5DCDA862.png

iansharpe
Aspirant
Aspirant

All seems now to be back to normal. Must have been some sort of system problem

cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Still the same here (United Kingdom). Web works ok, app just sticks in getting status.

I've cold started etc. When is the UK due a fix Arlo?
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. Broken post update.
Locutus73
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just found a new issue: before the infamous v1.14.1.0_2909_bfcf6 firmware update on my VMB4000r3, cloud zones were kind of working: 2 zones per camera were working, while 3 zones weren’t (no motion detected, which is unacceptable for a paid service).
Now cloud zones aren’t working at all and motion outside of them are detected.
Please rollback to a semi working setup.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.
bbirdsrp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working for me.

The Mode option is showing up, but when you go to change status, it keeps saying Getting status and never returns.

Having same problem on all Android devices.

cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Exactly the same here. Are you in the UK?
bbirdsrp
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I'm in the US.

The web interface works, but not the Android interfaces.

cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. I was trying to establish if the fix was geographic but clearly it's broken all over the world!
countrykilo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 and I have 3 cameras, 2 chimes, 1 doorbell, and 1 base station. I had the front door camera configured to have the chimes go off with the Home presence siren to alert anyone in the house that motion is detected at the front door. But now all of my modes have been deleted and when I go to try and setup new modes I dont even have the option of adding that back. I've tried from my Android phone and through a web browser and nothing works. Everything worked perfectly fine until August 31st. Now my devices have a signal drop. I have 1 chime plugged directly into the same outlet that my base station is in and that chime shows 2 bars. Like how could this possibly be its literally 6 inches away from the base station???

countrykilo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 and I have 3 cameras, 2 chimes, 1 doorbell, and 1 base station. I had the front door camera configured to have the chimes go off with the Home presence siren to alert anyone in the house that motion is detected at the front door. But now all of my modes have been deleted and when I go to try and setup new modes I dont even have the option of adding that back. I've tried from my Android phone and through a web browser and nothing works. Everything worked perfectly fine until August 31st. Now my devices have a signal drop. I have 1 chime plugged directly into the same outlet that my base station is in and that chime shows 2 bars. Like how could this possibly be its literally 6 inches away from the base station???

DoNotBuyArlo
Star
Star

Arlo has done it again with faulty firmware update. Brilliant, just brilliant! Issues I've read in the these forums just started happening to me as well and I don't need to explain things. Seriously, I wish Arlo businesses should just belly-up.

George12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem with app on my iPad. Started a couple of days ago. App has changed. Cannot add camera or change what I want to happen when motion is detected.

Bagabond
Tutor
Tutor

I have several arlo base stations on different (including paid) accounts.  All VMB4000's (model with the alarm) have lost years' worth of fine tuned modes.  Destruction achieved overnight courtesy of ARLO expert staff. 

When I contacted ARLO "Support" they denied there was a widespread problem.

O/10 for competence. O/10 for honesty.

TW35601
Guide
Guide
NOT TRUE I am a premium account holder last excuse last time was someone messed with the coding for account holders coding index more BS !! my 9 yr old can write better code look under Device utilities You will see 2 new Audio features this last update was designed to automatically enable those features for smoke and radon gas detectors and all other sounds whatever idiot wrote the coding activated the audio feature for cameras with Audio and disabled your motion detection so if you have a mix of cameras like myself who was and is a paid 4 year loyal customer But not anymore when this subscription runs out I am done the product is unsafe and unreliable 4 Time this year this has happened or a similar occurrence but anyway the cameras without audio are unaffected my guess would be older base stations are on affected it may be only the 4000 and part of the earlier 4500 series base stations and the 4030 cameras as I said my nine-year-old can write better coding Netgear as a whole has a great THINK-Tank and great original software programmers They’re B and C team sucks they refused to acknowledge it and give you these crappy answers go ahead and reset your base station deactivate all your cameras by removing the batteries reinstall them all start a new program now this may temporarily work around for some individuals and may not work at all but if it’s supposed to be a patch for paying Customers I can tell you right now it doesn’t work first thing I tried if I can break their coding security firewall which they haven’t tampered with Sense the original programmers put it in place my nine-year-old and 14-year-old could fix the coding if I’ve got nothing going on later today I’ll try it God knows they’re not going to fix it till after the holiday and no one will be held responsible for it because their expectation is zero The companies already made their money they sold you the equipment and if your paid customer sold you the subscription and a real sucker like me who paid for a year in advance
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
Let me guess, they asked you to try power cycling the base stations....

🙄🙄🙄

That’s a major punch in the face...

Own up Arlo! And roll back!
ocdman2020
Tutor
Tutor

Great news!  I just got my mode to work by disconnecting my cameras base station and started over.  I set up using my andriod phone, now I can change my mode to arm or disarm.  I also use a tablet and it worked for that also!  However I don't know for how long but happy for the moment!

kk4mx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please let us know that you are aware of this issue (error 4000) and give us a time frame for a fix. We know you monitor these post!! Happened after the last base update. Thanks!
DaveO6
Star
Star

Actually I could not get through to Support. My email response got lost suddeny (the webite just refreshed and I lost what I had written) but I was prompted to chat which I did but then after waiting for a session to become active for over 15 minutes I gave up.

I turned to the Community as Support is pants. As some other user commented perhaps Support have the same Firmware upgrade which disconnects them as well. I recycled power to base (powered off for 3 hours) and cameras came back around 23:30 BST and still up and running. Whether they remain that way is doubtful. Last time they lasted about 36 hours. Will have to wait and see.

Would be nice for Netgear to announce their is a widespread issue which is obvious from the angry people on the forums and there will be plenty of other annoyed people who just cannot be bothered to post anything. I will be updating my review comments on Amazon to reflect the current situation with Arlo products, poor testing and poor support. They should hit Netgear where it hurts....in their bottom line. I would reccomend that others do the same; stop people buying these products and Netgear will suddenly be all Customer caring because of the concern that it will hit sales.