Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Just a heads up with the latest base firmware push by arlo.

All my operational settings have been corrupted that relate to modes, rules and schedules.

Looks like a complete rebuild will be required.

Good luck to all.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has released a fix on the back end that should resolve the modes issues some users were experiencing.

Please close and relaunch your mobile app and test again to see if you experience the same issue.

JamesC

(marking solved to float this answer to the top of the thread, please let us know here if you still have issues)

View solution in original post

153 REPLIES 153
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
So I've just found out. What a shambles.
Beef
Apprentice
Apprentice
What a mess modes gone missing.
Noticed signal strength gone down on all cameras not even showing full strength when sat next to base station.getting ready to boot it all in the trash.
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can't even figure out the new modes layout to try and fix...
Fergin12
Guide
Guide

I have 5 arlo pros with 2 base stations, today both stations received a firmware update, since then I get no alerts and no recordings, manual recordings work, all motion settings are correct, coincidentally today is the day my arlo subscription ends even though I have paid for it to continue, can anyone shed any light on what to do I have rest both base stations but still the same

Fergin

Dannybear
Master
Master
They obviously know about it, all my custom modes have been deleted for me except one and when I try deleting it I get a unable to delete error 4003 and then the app locks up.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I hope they revert this before everyone is impacted.

I am also unable to delete the default mode rules or even remove the devices.

Looks like a factory reset is the only option left to try.
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any ideas with the new edit modes layout? Sending me round in circles...

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Woke up this morning ( August 30, 2019) to find out my cameras were not detecting motion. Went into the app to try to view the mode or edit the “armed” mode.

Getting an orange banner at the top when I try and edit the mode Saying “this rule cannot be updated (4003)”

I can’t even change the mode to disarmed if I want. I get the same error message. Arlo please fix this. @JamesC
Dannybear
Master
Master
Looks like the arlo server is having a hernia, just tried to sync a camera, the base LEDs say it is found no device shows up in the app.

I would recommend not to change anything until we have something from arlo.
Fergin12
Guide
Guide

Just been on char asking me to get a camera down, so out come the ladders, I really hope they aren’t sending me on a wild goose chase

Dannybear
Master
Master
Arlo status says they have problems although nothing about them being self inflicted.
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Something is definitely messed up. I can’t find firmware release notes anywhere either
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Do you mind sharing that Web link for Arlo status?
Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice

status.arlo.com

Dannybear
Master
Master
It is found under the support heading at bottom of the page as a link “System Status”
jimo2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey

I've got exactly the same issue with my system since the firmware update plus i cannot change the base station mode.

James

deproleet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues: no motion detection and therefore no recording.

Hardware version: VMB4000r3
Firmware: 1.14.1.0_2909_bfcf6c2
Fergin12
Guide
Guide

Support recommend removing and adding cameras, I removed a camera and then couldn’t add it, it then asked for another update on bot my base stations the removed camera then appeared with out adding with original settings, I had an alert whilst it was in alert off mode, I now have another camera off line, I tried phoning support but on hold for ages, I’m starting to think the latest firmware broke something and they rolled it back but it’s still broke

DaveO6
Star
Star

I am having a similar issue but the lack of alerts is irregular. I also had a problem with the latest firmware whereby my cameras were not connected to the Base Station. I removed one camera and tried to re-sync it but it failed. I resolved this by removing all power from the Base station. I could sync the removed camera and the other 2 cameras suddenly sprang into life. That was yesterday evening.

But today the 2 external cameras are recording and alerting but not all the time. I went outside and the cameras failed to alert or record but the cameras are still connected to the base.

I will wait and see if this problem continues and if so will remove the cameras from the system and then re-sync them to see if that helps. Very frustrating because the cameras are mounted high up so need to get the ladders out and this problem is all down to the Arlo Firmware update. Having said that I have a 2nd base station and the cameras connected to this work fine and the firmware and models of the base stations and cameras are identical.

Jimmie_Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the erro 4403 on B.S

Turn off the BS and turn off the Asus router.  1 minute later turn both on

Both are working fine. double check the setting and nothing change.

Not sure why Arlo server asked to update the firmware case the corruption.

My firmware version is now 1.14.0.02_277 (what is the latest one).

I don't think it is updated.

Fergin12
Guide
Guide

Now the firmware has changed again and I’m getting alerts, but not all recordings

seems like I’ve they broke something with latest firmware but wouldn’t admit it and then rolled it back to try and fix

cant believe how poor support was in try to fault find, really poor and advising to take camera down when I explained it was not easy has caused me some issues today

thanks arlo 

deproleet
Aspirant
Aspirant

am still on that buggy firmware but motion detection and recording seem to be working again.
 I am not going to change a thing, they will hopefully do a rollback and try again when the culprit is found 🙂

Fergin12
Guide
Guide

I think it’s good that they try and improve product, but come on arlo fully test before rolling out and  let you technical support know that there has been a firmware update and advise customers accordingly

Sonia31
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi

I am having issues with my arlo pro, it isnt recording and therefore, im not recieving notifications, there seems to be endless issues with these cameras. If its not one thing its another. I have checked the settings, all are as they should be. Notifications are turned on, on the phone and in the app.