Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is "Restart" button (see screenshot) resetting Base Station or reboot?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Downunda
Apprentice
Apprentice

The attached screen shot shows the software Restart Button for the Base station). This is the screen one sees when viewing the Base Station settings logged into my account via PC. Either this is a new control (software) button or I've not noticed it before.

My question is:- is the function of this button identical to resetting the base station by inserting a pin into the hole in the base station case or, is it a re-boot of the Base station? If its a reboot then perhaps the button needs to be renamed. I couldn't find a reference to this button in the documentation?? Thanks, David

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master

The reset button has been about for some time that I can recall.

I believe the reset button in the App is equivalent to the warm reboot terminology such as when you restart a PC.

Power reset is the best as it allows any hardware components to be reset if they had hanged.

A factory reset using the hidden button should reconfigure all settings to default so the account profile can be reloaded when you add back the device.
I’m not sure if the factory reset also wipes the firmware so the boot loader can downloaded firmware again, this is black box stuff to the user.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation