Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 Specs CPU?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Mako3
Follower
Follower

Hello, I just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 bundle from Costco, it came with this VMB3500 base station.  I am curious what the specs are, especially the processor?  I currently own another bundle with the original Arlo, that came with the VMB3000 and I'm also wondering if perhaps these two base stations can be used together to help with range?  I use the Orbi mesh routers, so I have one base station in the router, and if possible, I want to plug the other base station into an Orbi satellite.  Please advise?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Mako3

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

digitalsec86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Did you ever find out the CPU specs on the VMB3500? I know the VMB3000 is 500 Mhz and the VMB4000 is 900Mhz. I am curious if the VMB3500 received and updated CPU.

Thanks!

Source: https://justclickappliances.com/arlo-vs-arlo-pro-base-station-review/

giusepp
Aspirant
Aspirant

so...  I am really confused and please help to clarify

I have previously purchased an Arlo Pro system and it contained the VMB4000 base station

I subsequently purchased an Arlo Pro 2 system and unsure of the model as it is located in my Australian house

I have now purchased an Arlo Pro 2 3 camera system (vcs3000-100nas) from Costco and it contains the VMB3500 

I wish to consolidate down to two base stations but are unclear on which to utilize and especially as I do not know their specifications and capabilities.

Please help.  Thank you

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the two with the highest model numbers (likely 2 VMB4000s).

brh
Master
Master

@Mako3,

I doubt if Arlo will tell you the internal specs of their equipment, but to answer your other question, yes, you can plug the second base into one of your Orbi satellites and divide the cameras among two the two base stations. This will more evenly distribute your signal strength among the cameras and give you more overall range. The down side of this is that you will need to arm/disarm each base separately.  I don't know how many cameras you now have and what your subscription plan is, but remember that the free subscription is limited to 5 cameras total in one account, regardless of how many bases you are using, (the number of base stations is theoretically unlimited).

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@giusepp,

to expand on what @StephenB said, the VMB3500 is an newer and upgraded version of the VMB3000. The only reason I can think of that Arlo would package a base that was designed for the original wire free HD cameras is to appeal to those that are trying to save some money. You will not be able to use all the features that the Pro and Pro2 cameras have with this base. Definitely use the VMB4000 which is the proper base for these cameras.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the features of the Pro cameras themselves work fine. It's the features of the 4000 base itself that aren't available on the 3x00 bases.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

To be clear, the features of the Pro cameras themselves work fine. It's the features of the 4000 base itself that aren't available on the 3x00 bases.

Correct.  But if you do have 4000 bases, I recommend using them and turning off the 3x00

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation