Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 No lights and not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fozarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems to be an occasional recurring problem.  The Arlo base station goes off line with no lights on the base station.  If I power it down for30 s and reconnect the power the top orange light comes on for 30 seconds or so and then goes out.  The internet is working and the router shows the Arlo has an IP address.  Rebooting the router doesn't help.  This is really frustrating as sometimes I am not at the property and I rely on this for monitoring.

2 REPLIES 2
fozarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I noticed every once in a while the base station amber light would come on and go off.  I assume it is checking whether the Arlo server is up?  After 12 hours or so and numerous reboots I just left it alone.  It eventually came back up with all the lights on and cameras connected.

So this appears to be either an ISP problem (not letting it through to the Arlo servers) or the servers were down (despite the Arlo site saying they are up).

Frustrating from a trouble shooting perspective and having no cameras operational for a long period.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I read that there was another firmware update released for the base station recently.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation