Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB-4000 base station not discovered

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gusdie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everybody.

I have 5 cameras pro2 with the basestation vmb 4000 integrated into homekit. In some moment and because a problem with my home settings in HomeKit, I deleted from hk. When I tried to added it again to hk, I couldn´t, so I deleted from arlo app and made a factory reset and since there I tried to add the base to arlo app without luck, the base is not discovered. I tried factory reset, I installed in another wifi to see if it could by some port blocking, but I had no luck. Power led is solid green, Internet connection is solid green and by moments blinking green, and cameras is gray most of time....

I guess it's something in the arlo cloud..I need some help here, thank you!! Gus. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gusdie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally I could fix it. 

It's really frustrating realized that the issue was that my base station was already registered against a second account I created in the beginning of my troubleshooting. So, when I was getting the "Error arlonetworking.ServerResponseError 1" in the mobile app, or just a back to login in the browser app, it was the result to don´t catch the correctly the error and says "this base station was already registered in another account". Imagine how ease that would be to understand were the error was. 

Anyway, I deleted from my secondary account, and now I could register correctly, and also upgrade firmware. 

Thanks Danny for the help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What app platform are you using to add the base? iPhone, iPad or pc web browser?

The mobile app needs to be connected to the local wifi to access the network the base is connected to.

Try using a pc web browser connected to the router with Ethernet to add the base.

When you factory reset the base station did you hold the reset button for 15sec until the LEDs flashed amber? Had you removed the base station from your account first before the factory reset? Usually the base’s camera led displays steady amber when it is ready to be claimed.

When you have it back in the account ok you will need to have the base’s HK token reset by arlo. 

gusdie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Danny....

I was trying using my iphone and also my computer to add it. But I didnt try connecting my computer through Ethernet cable. Now I did it and something changed...The base was discovered! using the computer the page asked for a base name (not showing anything else) but when I write-down it and confirm, the page went back to login and the base is not there. 

Second try using the mobile app, I found it too....now showing the device serial....I confirm the selection and put the name, but there is an error that says "Could not complete the operation. (Error arlonetworking.ServerResponseError 1)". Then...it stars trying to upgrade the firmware, and after a few seconds, it shows a failure X with the message, "It was not possible to validate the device firmware at this time, please try later"

At least, something change!!! 

I need to do more investigation about it!

Thanks Danny!

gusdie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally I could fix it. 

It's really frustrating realized that the issue was that my base station was already registered against a second account I created in the beginning of my troubleshooting. So, when I was getting the "Error arlonetworking.ServerResponseError 1" in the mobile app, or just a back to login in the browser app, it was the result to don´t catch the correctly the error and says "this base station was already registered in another account". Imagine how ease that would be to understand were the error was. 

Anyway, I deleted from my secondary account, and now I could register correctly, and also upgrade firmware. 

Thanks Danny for the help!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Great news, good luck with the hk token reset. You will need to request one from support, an arlo moderator here might assist. @JamesC , @ShayneS 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation