Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
teampurcell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im going to the States soon and was planning on buying the Arlo pro2 4 camera package and then taking it back home to use (uk) will this work ok? im going to hardwire all cameras as im not keen on only using batteries.

thanks Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes no problem except for the power supplies.

You will need 2 pin US to UK adapters for both the base and camera power supply.

Also, be aware that the kit only comes with 1 camera power supply/charger.

In addition, if you are going to have the cameras outdoors there is currently no outdoor power supply unless you plan on using the solar charger which works very well.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Indeed. I have a US twin-pack pack working in the UK.

I have not used the US power supply for the base station as I have plenty of old UK-spec Netgear power supplies lying around. But word is that the labelling on the US transformer is there for legal reasons. So where it says 120 volts it really means 120 - 240 volts. But try it at your own risk. You never know if they have changed things.

While there are no official Netgear power supplies for use outdoors, there are third party options. Be warned, that even mentioning them can cause foaming at the mouth among more rigid users who see these alternatives as the devil's plaything. But that should not deter someone who is prepared to import Arlo kit from the US.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DanTheCameraMan
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Brian,

I saw your post and wondered if you could tell me how you got on with this in the end? I’m looking at getting an ARLO PRO 2 (4 camera kit) but it’s £300 cheaper in the USA compared to here in England. I have a friend who will take it back to the UK for me.

Did yours work ok?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I don't know about Brian, but since I replied Netgear has reintroduced a mains adapter for the UK market,

I am now grappling with the challenge of providing a waterproof enclosure to use it outdoors.

Mine is still working just fine.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation