Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

User Interface in Arlo Secure App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BStark2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo hubs (VMB4540r3 & VMB4000r3) setup on two different properties. I used to be able to geofence both of them but on the older hub the geofencing option has disappeared. Additionally, when I sign on to this older hub, I get an entirely different user interface in spite of accessing both from the same iOS app. The firmware on the older hub is up to date. I'm not sure when this started but I've had this same hub with 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras for over 5 years. Has anyone experienced loss of geofencing and a suddenly changed user interface?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

I'd argue that the new GUI, although in some ways an improvement, in terms of direct storage, it is an unwelcome change.

I agree on both these points.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BStark2003 wrote:

Has anyone experienced loss of geofencing and a suddenly changed user interface?

New accounts get the "Feed' interface, and on-boarding new camera models (Pro 5s, Essential Gen2) or the home security system will migrate you from "Library" to "Feed".

I haven't heard any other reports on the interface changing spontaneously.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Mine changed after onboarding the first gen video doorbell. I wasn't pleased, but Arlo doesn't give a choice. I'd argue that the new GUI, although in some ways an improvement, in terms of direct storage, it is an unwelcome change.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

I'd argue that the new GUI, although in some ways an improvement, in terms of direct storage, it is an unwelcome change.

I agree on both these points.  

BStark2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I would say the UI change was likely a result of adding a camera. As for the disappearance of geofencing, that was my oversight. It's in there but not intuitive to find it. Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation