Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Use Geofencing to arm/disarm cameras while schedule is armed from 10 pm to 5 am. Possible to do?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kmacard
Star
Star

I have been trying to figure this out and not having much luck. I want to have GeoFencing mode enabled to arm the cameras when we are not home and disarm them while we are home ..... but want to set up a schedule so that the cameras are armed from 10 p.m. till 5 a.m. every day, regardless if we are home or not. I already have GeoFencing setup and it's working great with 3 phones. I know how to set up a schedule (2 split schedules to accomplish what I want to do). I just don't know how to make them work together.

Can some kind soul walk me thru this, please? I have a basic understanding of this but need help to get it right. Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically, it's just a matter of selecting a mode or the schedule for Home and Away. I suspect that's what you have but maybe not an appropriate mode. However, if you're not at home (Away) overnight, why not just leave it in the normal Away mode which arms all your cameras? You probably don't want/need the schedule when away since you say you want them armed.

I would say that Home should be set to use the schedule and Away would be set to a mode that arms all cameras.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically, it's just a matter of selecting a mode or the schedule for Home and Away. I suspect that's what you have but maybe not an appropriate mode. However, if you're not at home (Away) overnight, why not just leave it in the normal Away mode which arms all your cameras? You probably don't want/need the schedule when away since you say you want them armed.

I would say that Home should be set to use the schedule and Away would be set to a mode that arms all cameras.

kmacard
Star
Star

Thank you for your reply! Hopefully, I understand it now and set it up correctly with your help.  This is what I did and will find out tonight if it is correct, I guess...... Mode is set to GeoFencing so that Away is armed. Home is set to Schedule with the cameras activated in the night hours. I am assuming that when we are home, GeoFencing Home mode reverts back to disarmed but then arms during the scheduled hours? Is that right? Again, thank you for helping me.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I find it easier to forget about geofencing when creating a schedule.

Create your own custom  modes and use those.

Set up a Night mode as well as the standard Armed mode.

I then have a Schedule mode to set when these are active.

I then have Geofencing set up to have Away mode as Armed and Home mode as Schedule.

But as @jguerdat says, if you aware away overnight, Armed makes sense.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
kmacard
Star
Star

Thank you. I will try that and see if I can get it fixed up. Appreciate the help!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation