Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to see base unit on desktop but can see on phone?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hohjoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see the base unit on my phone, but I can't see it on my desktop. I've tried to add a device, but the desktop doesn't discover the base unit.

How can I add the base unit to my desktop?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hohjoe wrote:

It isn't there, under Devices anyway. I do see the base unit under settings.

It doesn't show up on the devices tab on the desktop - just under settings->my devices

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hohjoe wrote:

I can see the base unit on my phone, but I can't see it on my desktop. I've tried to add a device, but the desktop doesn't discover the base unit.

You don't add it again - it should be showing up if you are using the same account credentials.

hohjoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

The account credentials are the same.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hohjoe wrote:

It doesn't show up on the devices tab on the desktop - just under settings->my devices

hohjoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, that seems goofy. I can see the videos on my tiny little phone screen from the thumb drive attached to the base unit , but I can't watch them on the PC because the base unit isn't a device?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Local recordings on the USB drive can only be seen using the app, not a web browser. If you want to view them on a computer, safely eject the drive and plug it into the computer.

hohjoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I knew I could plug the thumb drive in the PC. I thought since I could se the videos on the phone remotly I would also be able to see them on the PC.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hohjoe wrote:

I thought since I could se the videos on the phone remotly I would also be able to see them on the PC.

Unfortunately, you can't.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation