Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to login using Arlo app. Tried resetting password. Problem occurred after upgrading iPhone.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot log in using Arlo app.  Problem occurred after upgrading to new iPhone.  I've already reset my password and that did not help.  My wife's iPhone is able to access cameras with no problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for providing a phone number.  The solution was incredibly simple.  When access was denied with my new iPhone, a message in the app suggested signing on using an alternative method.  When I selected that option I was taken to a page showing my email address and the name of my Arlo system.  The "Continue" button at the bottom of the page appeared but was not highlighted and I could not click it.  Turns out, and there was no direction to do so, all I had to do is first click on my email address.  When I did that a checkmark appeared next to the address and the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page was highlighted. From that point on the process was simple and clear.

I'm very grateful for your assistance.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master
Did you get the 2FA request on your old phone?
Does the partner’s iPhone use your account or is it using her account?
garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't know what 2FA request is.  I simply transferred all apps from my old iPhone to my new one.  All other apps seem to be functioning normally.

My wife's phone is connected through my account.

I appreciate your help.

Gary

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@garybowden wrote:

Don't know what 2FA request is. 

2FA:  Two Factor Authentication.  Sometimes called "Two Step Verification".  https://kb.arlo.com/000062288/What-is-two-step-verification-and-how-do-I-set-it-up

Basically when you log in on an untrusted device, the system sends a message to the primary device.  The log in won't be allowed until there is a response saying that the log in is ok.

garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe I tried that and I got a message that I would be sent a push notification to authenticate.  However, I didn't receive a notification.  I'll try it again.  I wasn't real confident in what I was doing.

garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Push notifications are likely going to my old iPhone which has been recycled.  I tried using "Another Verification Method" but it gives me the same Access Denied message.

Dannybear
Master
Master
We’re you logged in using your credentials when you got the access denied message?

You probably should seek arlo support help to get your new phone authorised using your account email.
garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't log in; that' s my problem.  The Arlo app was transferred to my new iPhone from my old iPhone.  The new device is obviously not being recognized, so with an inability to log in, I am up against a wall.  

I tried to connect with Arlo for support before contacting the "online Arlo community" but was unable to find any phone number and then engaged in a chat with a computer that kept dragging me in circles.  

If anyone knows how I can contact a "live" person at Arlo to resolve this, they will get my Five Star thumbs up.  Thanks.

Gary

dcfox1
Master
Master

@garybowden wrote:

If anyone knows how I can contact a "live" person at Arlo to resolve this, they will get my Five Star thumbs up.  Thanks.

Gary

You need a subscription now for phone support. If you have one there should be a phone number in the support setting in the App. But since you can't log in I have 1-866-214-6520. Probably won't get anywhere without a sub though. 

garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  You're likely right, but I'll give it a shot.

garybowden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for providing a phone number.  The solution was incredibly simple.  When access was denied with my new iPhone, a message in the app suggested signing on using an alternative method.  When I selected that option I was taken to a page showing my email address and the name of my Arlo system.  The "Continue" button at the bottom of the page appeared but was not highlighted and I could not click it.  Turns out, and there was no direction to do so, all I had to do is first click on my email address.  When I did that a checkmark appeared next to the address and the "Continue" button at the bottom of the page was highlighted. From that point on the process was simple and clear.

I'm very grateful for your assistance.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation