Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Unable to connect camera I deleted on accident. Admin access.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cmoreno93
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey everyone,

So I’m having several issues. First issue is that I used to be the camera admin but after switching phones and what not I am unable to log back into my account and cannot recover it therefore I’ve been using my parents accounts to look at cameras since I had granted them access, how can I regain access as the admin?

Secondly, my father accidentally deleted a camera and I am following the steps on the app and am unable to add that camera back. I click add new device and select the camera and it is unable to find the hub or whatever and I am right next to it.

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

To regain the admin account access you need to login to the arlo web portal my.arlo.com and choose another method to email your 2fa code. Once you have logged in successfully you can then navigate to the profile under settings to allow your two step verification device and set it as the primary device to receive the 2fa codes going forward.

Devices can only be imported by the admin account since it already owned by the base station. 

Cmoreno93
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. What if I don’t remember the email I used to open the account, how am I able to find out which one it is?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you don’t have access to your email and you don’t have access to your old phone then your stuck.

Contact phone details for arlo support are only available using the mobile app version.

You could try privately messaging an arlo moderator here on the forum to beg assistance since you probably don’t have a subscription.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Cmoreno93  I have reached out to support regarding getting into your account. They may or may not be able to help you figure out the email address that was used. Support will reach out to you as soon as possible. 

Cmoreno93
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been able to recover my email, everything is great now thank you guys for acting on the situation.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation