Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add cameras to Base Station. Shows "Searching for device.." Base shows red.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rolandgenovese
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear support, 

I've just bought the Arlo Kit with two cameras.
I've connected it to my 4G Modem TP-Link TL-MR6400 by lan cable.
I've followed the procedure using my iPAD and the Arlo app, and I could successfully add the base to the app. I can see it in SmartHub/Base Station/Bridge.

But when I try to add the cameras, it hangs when "Searching for the device... please wait"... The camera is blinking blue led and also the Base start blinking fast the blue led but after several minutes the base becomes red and the pair fails.
The camea is positioned at 30 cm from the base and is completely charged.

I've set the OpenDNS in the dhcp options of the router.

I've opened the ports 80,443,123. 

Once I succeded binding it and I can see camera info but not the video stream so I removed it thinking that the binding procedure was not correct.

How can I solve?

Thank you.
Rolando
P.s. My arlo is brand new from Amazon, I can talk by phone (Italian)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rolandgenovese
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally I've solved connecting my Arlo base to a standard wired internet connection. I could setup the cameras at first try. Then I put back my cameras and Arlo to the original location. With a LTE modem, and it is still working. 
thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@rolandgenovese,

I am not sure if I understand your problem - are the cameras showing up in the app now?

Firstly, I would log in to:

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

to see if the problem is with the app. If you have problems syncing the cameras through the app, you can always use the original method of syncing, which is:

press the sync button on the base briefly then within two minutes briefly press the sync button on the camera.

If that doesn't work or you are able to see the cameras on the devices page but cannot view live, those are different problems.

Some routers now have built-in anti virus software, so check if your router has this and allow Arlo to work. Or you might need to check with your internet provider to see if they are blocking Arlo from their end.

Brian

rolandgenovese
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally I've solved connecting my Arlo base to a standard wired internet connection. I could setup the cameras at first try. Then I put back my cameras and Arlo to the original location. With a LTE modem, and it is still working. 
thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation