Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two of my five cameras are black and white always

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
UNHAPPYGUY
Follower
Follower

I have the same problem I see posted.  I have 5  AP2 cameras installed.  Two of them are only showing in B&W.  One camera is inside where there is plenty of light the other one is outside.

Nearby correctly working cameras both inside and out show color images.  The one outside camera will show color for a few seconds then switch to B&W the other inside camera never shows color EVER.

I worked with Arlo directly and that ended up being a waste of time because my cameras still do the same thing.  I felt I got blown off.

After seeing all the posts and reading all I can on the internet I have come to the conclusion there has to be an inherent defect in either the camera/station or software.

I have tried all the tricks.  I even bought new batteries and a new solar panel for my outside camera.  I'm grasping at straws and throwing money at it  to try and solve my problem.    

I just bought a new property and want to install cameras.  I really do not want to support two different camera brands and systems.......BUT.......  My Arlo's do not work correctly.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu the swap to BW is controlled by light level....

Pull battery and replace to reset camera and then temp swap location to verify it's not the light amount.

If still NG, contact Arlo support for possible warranty

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation