Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Peep2018
Tutor
Tutor

I just bought the Arlo Pro 2 - 6 camera and I'm wondering if I'm missing a step..... Followed instructions as far as setting up the Arlo app, syncing base and cameras..... When I go to add devices from the Arlo app on my phone (LG V40 Thin Q), it finds nothing..... Help!!! Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peep2018
Tutor
Tutor
Michael, I got it working. I forgot to tell you that I was BLONDE. I had the Ethernet connected to the modem instead of the router. Took me 2 afternoons to figure that out. Lol ugh!!! Thanks for answering.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Which version of the Android app is this? Arlo is going through a major upheaval on that front.

Have you tried using a browser interface on a PC to set things up?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Peep2018
Tutor
Tutor
Michael, I downloaded the only Arlo I saw on Google Play. I'm guessing it's the most recent as it says updated September 24, 2019. I read all of the unhappy reviews lol. I'm new at trying this so some of the terminology, I'm lost in. 😳 I will try my PC when I get off work if you think that'll help. Thank You very much..... I'll reply again once I try that.
Peep2018
Tutor
Tutor
Michael, I got it working. I forgot to tell you that I was BLONDE. I had the Ethernet connected to the modem instead of the router. Took me 2 afternoons to figure that out. Lol ugh!!! Thanks for answering.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Don't blondes have more fun?

Sometimes the modem is the the thing you plug into, when it is a modem/router.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation