Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to figure out device labels

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DHarris202
Follower
Follower

Just got my new Arlo cameras and base station out of the box and set up. I have a question about the way the devices are displayed in the app.

There is an icon for the base station, then another base station icon with an Alarm symbol, then my two cameras below them.  

Just wondering if this is the correct "heirarchy".  I renamed the top level as Base Station, not sure how to label the one with the alarm symbol, then renamed the cameras to reflect their location.

thanks.  Just trying to set this up properly the first time.

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

I am assuming you have the newer Pro or Pro 2 base station. Yes, that is normal. The bell icon will set off the siren.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think the OP is talking about what he sees in Settings, My Devices. There you will see two base selections. The first/top one is for the general settings for the base while the second simply allows you to change the name (the capability is also in the top one). Why the need for two listings is unknown unless it's just to denote a Pro base (seems like there are easier ways to go to avoid confusion).

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

I just named both of them Hub. But in hindsight, I would have labled the one with the bell on it Siren. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried that - the two names are separate. Not sure what the utility is but it shows up in the Devices tab.  Perhaps if you had multiple Pro bases installed it would be nice to know which was which.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I just put my base station way down the bottom of my devices list using the Device Order function. Hopefully I'll never need to manually trigger the siren

In the Settings > My Devices list, yes the top one is the base and the slightly indented next one is the siren. This separation allows me to also have the siren as a separate device in Smartthings, which is handy because I have my Smartthings SHM alarm triggering the siren but I don't have any arlo cameras setting off the siren

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation