Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Total System Failure

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KPott
Initiate
Initiate

This system has worked quite well for a year or so, minimal issues before this. Now the base station is perpetually offline, and the cameras deliver a ‘charging fault’ error message. Arlo support over the phone is non-existent. For a purchase cost of close to $1000 you would think a company could deliver some service. We are terribly dissappointed with Arlo, actually beyond disappointed, angry would be more accurate. If this issue cannot be resolved we will take our business elsewhere and spread the word of our disgust with this company far and wide. Come on Arlo!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KPott
Initiate
Initiate

Hi ShayneS,

After quite a few frustrating attempts, it seems we have finally fixed our charging fault issue on the cameras. Reading previous comments in the community didn’t provide the answer, clues but no real solution. The problem was also compounded by the base station regularly going offline, which after the fact may have been completely unrelated to the charging fault issue. Calls to Arlo for support provided only dead air, I was never able to reach a person. Inexperience with the equipment and too many dead-ends started to take a toll on my patience. So anyway, after struggling to get support, some of the things that were tried and failed involved more troubleshooting online, removing and replacing camera batteries, base station on/off, base station hard resets, and a few different charging blocks. Nothing seemed to work. Today I was going to remove all the devices, delete the app and start the entire  process over from square one. We also suspected perhaps the charging cable may have stopped working. Luckily for me, my wife ultimately solved the charging fault problem by finding and trying a charging block which finally worked perfectly.

As to what is causing the base station to go offline, we now think that is a separate issue and may be related to internet connectivity problems instead. So we’ll work on that

I must say I am once again a fairly happy Arlo customer. Up until this situation started, the system has worked pretty well, as we’ve figured out the workings of it through trial and error. It is also nice to get some support from yourself and this ‘community’. I have never been one to place much value in a ‘chat’ line, but this has been an eye-opener, and I also appreciate everyone’s help.

Cheers, and come on spring!

😎

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KPott

Before I suggest anything, what troubleshooting steps have you previously performed? 

KPott
Initiate
Initiate

Hi ShayneS,

After quite a few frustrating attempts, it seems we have finally fixed our charging fault issue on the cameras. Reading previous comments in the community didn’t provide the answer, clues but no real solution. The problem was also compounded by the base station regularly going offline, which after the fact may have been completely unrelated to the charging fault issue. Calls to Arlo for support provided only dead air, I was never able to reach a person. Inexperience with the equipment and too many dead-ends started to take a toll on my patience. So anyway, after struggling to get support, some of the things that were tried and failed involved more troubleshooting online, removing and replacing camera batteries, base station on/off, base station hard resets, and a few different charging blocks. Nothing seemed to work. Today I was going to remove all the devices, delete the app and start the entire  process over from square one. We also suspected perhaps the charging cable may have stopped working. Luckily for me, my wife ultimately solved the charging fault problem by finding and trying a charging block which finally worked perfectly.

As to what is causing the base station to go offline, we now think that is a separate issue and may be related to internet connectivity problems instead. So we’ll work on that

I must say I am once again a fairly happy Arlo customer. Up until this situation started, the system has worked pretty well, as we’ve figured out the workings of it through trial and error. It is also nice to get some support from yourself and this ‘community’. I have never been one to place much value in a ‘chat’ line, but this has been an eye-opener, and I also appreciate everyone’s help.

Cheers, and come on spring!

😎

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation