Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide

My feedback to the Arlo community and Company.

We made a large Arlo 2 six camera purchase and within 24 hours of that purchase a system-wide failure on a holiday weekend prevented us from having any video security at all. Not good.
After hours of messing and 1 hour and 10 minutes of waiting on hold to speak to a script reading, non English speaking, rude customer service rep, we were told to just wait LOL.
We waited.
Arlo says the system is back up and we still had no security. Not good.

Returned the whole hot mess for a refund!
Cloud based is flawed and unreliable.

Eufy was our turned direction.
Local storage, totally wireless.
BETTER MOTION DETECTION THAN Arlo and than expected 55' in the daytime and 25' in the night with 140° field of view. Not to mention facial recognition.
Also came with 2 door/window alarm pads that I will be getting a couple more of. Notifications of door open and door closed. Alarm at the base. A little bit more money but, very worth it.
Posting a clip of 55-60 foot motion detection. The notification is instant and caught on camera and stored locally. You can see me stop in my tracks with the phone notification and back up for another test.
I don't need MORE cameras to cover more area, just fewer but better cameras Arlo.
Oops, can't post a vid to a video surveillance community forum?
A screen shot will have to do I guess.

Peace out.

3 REPLIES 3
Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide
I'm actually detected 2 seconds farther away while walking but it took a couple seconds to get the screen shot.
As you can see... It's pretty freakin far.
Motion detection is still about 60' away at night with a vehicle.
25-30 with a person walking in total darkness.
toptech
Star
Star
I hear you. I've made a purchase of new Blink XT2 cameras myself. Arlo has had 5 outages this month alone. WTF? Is someone there sabotaging the system or something? They could not be doing worse if they were trying. They deserve to lose each and every customer. I'm an electronics technician by trade. I couldn't work for a company this messed up for any amount of money. Their processes must truly be screwed up royally. You think we would have read something in the press about it by now.
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Let me tell you.. I call Arlo support every week for them to "fix something" on their backend because either my live view stops working, notifications stops working, etc.., It is SO annoying! These are not cameras you want to use unless you want to manage them yourselves on a daily basis to make sure things are working. WORST product ever! I would say go for Ring or Blink for cloud cameras for sure. I  have a couple RING stickup cameras and doorbells and rarely have issues. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation