Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KR15S
Follower
Follower
I have the VMB3010r2 with 3 Pro 2 cameras. Every day all 3 cameras will show "It's time to charge your battery" message. The cameras are hard wired using original cables and plug with batteries removed. Thoughts and fixes?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
whitenack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I think I have it figured out.  I believe I have a bad battery in an Arlo Pro.  At the same time, I think it lost it's sync to the base station.  It is weird though...  I have an Arlo Pro 2 in another area, and my first test was just to swap the devices.  Both devices stay connected via A/C power all the time.  When I swapped locations, both devices worked perfectly.  When I swapped them back, the Arlo Pro stopped working again.  I took them off A/C power and swapped the batteries.  At that point, the Pro 2 stopped working and the Pro would not work until I re-synced.  Once I re-synced, the Pro worked fine, until I switched the batteries back.  Then, I plugged everything back in like originally configured and both devices are working, although the Pro shows being on A/C power and the Pro 2 shows a charged battery.

So, as I said, I believe I have a bad battery in the Pro, and then somehow lost sync during the troubleshooting, which added to the confusion.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi KR15S,

Are you seeing the error when you plug your camera with the battery inside as well?

whitenack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you find a solution to this?  I have the same problem (although my arlos have the batteries installed but still wired like you), and just started presenting itself the past few days.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi whitenack,

What camera do you have? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

whitenack
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I think I have it figured out.  I believe I have a bad battery in an Arlo Pro.  At the same time, I think it lost it's sync to the base station.  It is weird though...  I have an Arlo Pro 2 in another area, and my first test was just to swap the devices.  Both devices stay connected via A/C power all the time.  When I swapped locations, both devices worked perfectly.  When I swapped them back, the Arlo Pro stopped working again.  I took them off A/C power and swapped the batteries.  At that point, the Pro 2 stopped working and the Pro would not work until I re-synced.  Once I re-synced, the Pro worked fine, until I switched the batteries back.  Then, I plugged everything back in like originally configured and both devices are working, although the Pro shows being on A/C power and the Pro 2 shows a charged battery.

So, as I said, I believe I have a bad battery in the Pro, and then somehow lost sync during the troubleshooting, which added to the confusion.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation