Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Thought Arlo Base Station was rounded-trapezoidal shape, not rectangular? Do I have something wrong?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just received my arlo pro 2 in the post
The packaging and photo of the base station looks different from the ones I’ve seen online
I haven’t opened it yet to see what’s inside, but I thought the arlo 2 base station was a rounded trapezoidal shape, not the rectangular shape of the arlo 1
Have I something old/different/wrong here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
I thought the arlo 2 base station was a rounded trapezoidal shape, not the rectangular shape of the arlo 1

It's not that simple.  Arlo has rolled out several bases over the years (multiple ones bundled with the original Arlo, the Arlo Pro, and the Arlo Pro-2).  All are compatible with the Arlo Pro 2.

The bases are shown here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station  You appear to have a VMB4500.  One drawback of that base station is that the siren isn't as loud as the older VMB4000.  So if the siren matters to you, you might see if you can exchange it for one with the VMB4000 inside before you open it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Just to note the photo I attached was not my unit (arlo site won’t accept pics from an iPhone)

Mine is the 2 camera version

The box bottom says VMS4230P-100AUS
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:
I thought the arlo 2 base station was a rounded trapezoidal shape, not the rectangular shape of the arlo 1

It's not that simple.  Arlo has rolled out several bases over the years (multiple ones bundled with the original Arlo, the Arlo Pro, and the Arlo Pro-2).  All are compatible with the Arlo Pro 2.

The bases are shown here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station  You appear to have a VMB4500.  One drawback of that base station is that the siren isn't as loud as the older VMB4000.  So if the siren matters to you, you might see if you can exchange it for one with the VMB4000 inside before you open it.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Perfect thanks

So I have the newer model, but the siren isn’t as loud.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Retired_Member wrote:
Perfect thanks

So I have the newer model, but the siren isn’t as loud.

If that is a question, the answer is yes.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation