Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

The latest software update on 04/30/20 made things WORSE.

Various problems now happen when trying to view on my desktop computer (I use both Mozilla and Chrome)

• The image quality (live and recorded) are terrible. It is not even 720p. it is blurry
  • Various camera & base station error messages. Example: "Camera 2 is offline" "Base station is offline"   (it isn't)
  • The cameras time-out too quickly.  I receive the message  "The request timed out"
  • When clicking on a camera to view, it take a long time to connect.

NOTE : I NEVER had these problems like this, before this update.

What did you do, Arlo?

Anyone else seeing these issues on your desktop/laptop computer?

7 REPLIES 7
Tricky111
Guide
Guide

Same here. After firmware, the system sucks.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Note: The app on my cellphone appears to be fine.

All these problems are when using my desktop computer (both Chrome & Mozilla)

Alb65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, never had issues before, since a few days ago all these errors. IOS app (ipad), android app and web browsers. System unusable.

Gapmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here. I just set up my base station and 2 outdoor cameras. As soon as I connected the devices the system wanted to do a system update. I really can’t believe the image quality. If this isn’t resolved quickly, I won’t hesitate a second to return these and go to another manufacturer.

Alb65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Taking advantage of a friend's presence in my house today, I asked them to power off (remove the power cord) of the base station, the domestic wifi router and the 4G router. after 5 minutes, reconnected power to the 4G router, 5 minutes later to the wifi router (to which the base station is connected)  and 10 minutes later the base station. Result: all back to normal, working fine as before this dreaded firmware update.

Thank you Arlo for the lost time, frustration and aggravation. If you can't design equipment that is able to go trough a firmware update keeping all functionality, THAN PLEASE DON'T TOUCH THE FIRMWARE ANYMORE, THERE IS A PANDEMIC OUT THERE, PEOPLE CAN'T GET TO THEIR PROPERTIES TO DO THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

RayDHD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for this post. The application has been unbearable. You can't use these cameras without the application functioning properly and every time it acts up thats one instance that something could have happened where I could not record it. I have already witnessed thieves trying to break into my car once since I bought these. I need this working at ALL times.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

Cross your fingers. I have done the same in the past., and things seemed good, but not for long.

The updates come in automatically & it will go to again.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation