Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Thanks for the iOS update - Please read for feedback and feature requests.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Trichomes
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Arlo,

Obviously we just went through a bit of a rough ride for a few weeks but I am pleased to see that you are getting control of your software again. Thanks. My iOS software is working again and the features restored help me a lot.

Sadly I have a bug: The latest image is not refreshing on my device, I have to force an app restart 😞 is there a fix?

Additionally, Please can you consider some updates 🙂

Custom sound alerts - I use "News" app on iOS and it has the same alert sound as Arlo when sent a push notification. This actually renders the Arlo notification useless when I can not look at the screen, I need to look at the screen to know if a camera was activated. PLEASE add a feature so we can edit the alert sound. If we could set a different alert per camera you would have given your customers a much improved feature with minimul cost to your app development. I would then have a sound for the drive, the rear etc. I cannot believe this is not already installed as many apps allow this.

Rotating screen -  I am using an Iphone 6 and I have lost the rotating screen completely, this is a real problem if there is an issue, crack, defect on the screen, it is a small feature, but powerful and a real shame it was removed from the app. Please restore this.

Human motion detection - Now this request is maybe something for further down the line, however this will be a powerful feature for the system. Please look into the detection of human form and movement (Gait). If a system is installed where there is a lot of wildlife, cats, squirals, birds etc, the device is constantly activated. Human detection would be awesome.

NPR - Numumber plate recognition. It would be a great to have a record of cars entering a zone.

------

Ok, thats my feature request over for now, I just subscribed to your A list, and am pleased I can now get access finaly to your forum.

One last thing, you just seperated from Netgear, are the recent software issues due to server/system/company migration. I hope Arlo will continue to improve. 

Good luck with the app, you are restoring my faith in Arlo after these few weeks.

T

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@Trichomes

The Arlo Smart paid subscription now supports Person. Animal, Vehicle, Motion and Package detection, although the package detection is still a little buggy. The rest of them are pretty accurate. The downside is that since the video must be analyzed on the server end, this delays the notification either till the end of the recording or at least until Arlo has detected what it is looking for.

Brian

Auntie
Tutor
Tutor
I use the email notification and the email to text option for Verizon. Most carriers have one. I.e. for Verizon I use my phone number without dashes @vtext.com. I can pick any sound I want to associate with it that way.
Trichomes
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the replies.

Yes funnily enough after I made this post I then saw the link to the smart subscription and promptly signed up to it, finding it a bit buggy sadly, zones dont seem to be working 😞

brh
Master
Master

Mine don't seem to work either.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation