Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System stopped working after adding a router. Any repair in UK?

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MAGGIEHONG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a set of doorbell,3 cameras and base station from HK it’s work in Uk at the beginning but it can’t use after I added a router.

I am not sure does arlo have Internation support or may I know where I can take them for repair in uk?

Many thanks

12 REPLIES 12
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MAGGIEHONG wrote:
I am not sure does arlo have Internation support or may I know where I can take them for repair in uk?

They can't be repaired, but based on your post I think this is an onboarding issue, and not faulty hardware.

You can try the support link at the top right of the forum page, and then click on "contact us".  There is a support number there for the UK.

MAGGIEHONG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did contact UK online and we did all what we can do, and finally, he told me to buy a new one in UK as my set was bought from HK.

I tried reset my account by back office by both HK & UK side support. 
Create another account to ensure all devices do not link with any account.

unload and reload and factory reset the devices more than 100 times.
Disable the wifi and use ethemet for the station to avoid any interference signal.

use the sync Button and apps via phone to find the cam.

All these DO NOT work.
Finally, I found that if I put one cam on top of the station, then the station can found it, but can not move more than 2 cm away, also can not add more than 1 cam.
The video from the cam only have few second, then only with sound. and around 30sec delate.

I used more than 1 month time and call to Hong Kong agent many times and tired to fix it. At the end they replied as I could not see the signal from the station, it seems is the hardware problem. 

The cam are expensive as I think this would be more reliable, but I could not use it even I spend thousand ton of time to chat with both UK & HK IT support. 

I only want to see what I can do for the station. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

SInce the system worked until you added a router (not sure what that means - the base was directly connected to the Internet previously?) I would suspect the router to be the problem. A reset of the router by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash, indication a reboot, may be useful.

The systems are the same regardless of where you bought them. The only difference worldwide is the specific power plugs used by the various countries.

You could also try taking the system to another location and attempt to set it up there as a test. If that works, simply unplugging it and plugging things back in at your location should allow the system to continue working.

MAGGIEHONG
Aspirant
Aspirant

The system was work at the first beginning at UK. Once I added router then it totally collapse. 

The router was Orbi for your easy reference.

We did offload the additional router and back to the first beginning, reset all cams, station, even account, the problem still.

I did bring them to another place, not in my home but in UK. the problem still.

Do you know why I can't see the signal from the station? Means I can't see the wifi named started with ARLO XXXX. Does that indicated that the station do not work properly ?

I did rest the station, cams more than hundred times. the problem still.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MAGGIEHONG wrote:

The router was Orbi for your easy reference.

FWIW, I use an Orbi mesh also, and it doesn't disrupt my base station.

@MAGGIEHONG wrote:

Do you know why I can't see the signal from the station? Means I can't see the wifi named started with ARLO XXXX. Does that indicated that the station do not work properly ?

That does suggest a failed base to me.  Did you inform support that the ARLO network isn't showing up on your phone's network list?

MAGGIEHONG
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seem the station failed. but I tried to contact the online help both UK & HK. 

as I can't return to HK with very high courier charge, so I want to know if Arlo got international warranty or where I can repair the station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MAGGIEHONG wrote:

as I can't return to HK with very high courier charge, so I want to know if Arlo got international warranty or where I can repair the station.

No idea on that, hopefully one of the mods (@JamesC?) will respond.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MAGGIEHONG,

I've escalated your case to the support team to assist you further with your Base Station. If you don't hear back after 48 hours, please let me know.

MAGGIEHONG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jesica P,

But I do not receive any reply till now, which over 48 hours.

May I know what I can do?

Many thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for letting me know. I've escalated your case to the team again and they should be reaching out to you through your case via email. If you still don't hear back after 48 hours, please let me know again.

MAGGIEHONG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

As I don't have the reply before so I wrote to support directly. I got a recent reply but I am not sure it is from your or from my recent request.

The reply still 

Case number - 42659698

We won't be able to replace the device for you here in the United kingdom cause the device wasn't bought here.

May I know that there was no international support or repair? This is unbelievable that the device I used just few months then gone, I don't know what I should do as if the station does not work, whole system will become useless.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for updating me on your case. I've informed the support team about this and they're looking into this to see what they can do. They should respond to your case again via email. If I hear anything back as well, I will let you know.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation