Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ctdphd
Aspirant
Aspirant

This past Tuesday afternoon, December 1st,  I suddenly stopped receiving push notifications and email alerts. However the family member who has access to my account and camera recordings continues to get email alerts and push notifications. I have two base stations and three cameras and I get no push notifications or email alerts for any of the cameras although they do record. I spoke to support on line (chat) and after almost an hour and a half they said they would need to escalate the matter.  I asked if I could speak to someone and they provided me a 408 number for voice support. They also provided me with a case number (42116897) I called the 408 number and spoke to a woman (Celeste) that had major issues understanding what I was experiencing. After another hour on the phone she said she had documented everything and would escalate my case as she could not help me She also said that she would send me an email from Arlo stating that my issue would be escalated.  This afternoon I called the 408 number again as I never received any email from Arlo and this time a woman named Kit stated that her colleague (Celeste) had NOT ESCALATED MY ISSUE but that she would. She  stated that an email would be sent stating so and that someone from Arlo would be calling me within 24 hours. Unfortunately still no email so I am doubtful I will be receiving any phone call. This is not a hardware issue as my family member continues to receive email alerts and push notifications without incident from all 3 cameras and the cameras are detecting motion and recording. Arlo is just NOT sending ME email alets at my email or push notifcations .I have deleted and reinstalled the latest Arlo App several times on my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone, reset the base stations multiple times, made sure all settings are set correctly on my Arlo App and account, and have confirmed that Arlo has been granted permission on my phone  to receive notifications on my phone but it has been to no avail. I really need assistance.  Many thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
NickMcH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there

I have the same problem. All of a sudden the notifications stopped being sent by email.

I am using both Apple and Android.

I have deleted the App and reloaded it.

I have rebooted the Arlo base station.

I have tried to use the Arlo chat facility, but have been on hold for over 2 hours so far, being at number 1 for over an hour.

I will try and reboot again tomorrow.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Nick

NickMcH
Aspirant
Aspirant

And to make matter worse.....

As soon as I posted the previous message on here, I immediately received an email notification of the post.

Shame the camera system was not as fast.

Nick

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ctdphd

Are you the granted access user or the main admin account?

NickMcH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there

I am the main account user.

The system has been working fine for the past couple of years and has now stopped sending email notifications.

Many thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are the emails ending up in your spam folder? Have you tried unchecking and re-checking the email option?

NickMcH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have checked on both the IOS and Android devices, I have also checked the notifications and rules for the cameras.

I get the notifications from you when you reply to these messages on both devices.... so my emails are working... just not from my cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Considering you still receive email notifications as noted in your previous post, I would suggest contacting customer support to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

NickMcH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I used the chat function to speak with them this evening, they have raised a case for me and I hope to receive help and guidance from them soon.

If i get a resolution, I will post it here.

Again, many thanks

Ctdphd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am the Main Account Admin user

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ctdphd 

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here:: 42129389

Ctdphd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

NickMcH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue is now resolved.

I am not too sure if Arlo has been working on this in the background as I have yet to receive any feedback or advice from them, however I took the following actions at my end.

Arlo Router:

Switched off at the plug for a short time and then plugged it back in to reset its self.

On my MacBook Pro:

Logged out of Arlo & outlook and deleted all history. 

Logged back in to both.

On my Huawei Mate 40 Pro:

Confirmed my battery was not in power saving mode (settings - Battery - Performance mode checked).

Then cleared my email cache and data (settings - Apps - Email - Force Stop - Storage - Clear Cache - Clear Data).

I then resigned into my email account.

Logged into Arlo:

Armed all devices and then activated the cameras.

Within 30 seconds of activating cameras I was receiving alerts by the way of emails to my phone.

As I mentioned at the beginning, I am not too sure if it was my actions or that of Arlo working in the background that seems to have resolved the lack of push notifications, but if this helps anyone else, then it was worth the time to go through it and put it on here.

Ctdphd, have you tried any of the above?

Cheers

Nick

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation