Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Subscribed to Smart, Reset Hub, Cameras Showing AC Power Needed for Activity Zones

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
benlbaum
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to use activity zones on battery power, which I think is supposed to work with the Smart subscription.  I had an issue with motion detection so I reset the hub and resynced the cameras.  Now the cameras say I need AC power to use activity zones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
benlbaum
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED!!!!

So, even though my subscription said I had the Basic+Smart Add-on the cameras weren't included in smart for some reason.  I had reset the cameras and when they linked back up to the hub the didn't get reincluded in Smart.  So to fix that I had to unsubscribe from Basic+Smart back to Basic which gave me the refund for the unused service.  Since I only had it a few days I got a full refund.  Then I had to upgrade the service from Basic to Basic+Smart and I was able to select the two cameras when I did that.  Now everything is working.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Did you enable Arlo Smart unders Settings for the camera you are trying to use?

benlbaum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where is that found?  In my settings it seems to show that I have the Smart plan (I bought the year subscription for both cameras).  However when I go to the Manage Camera Page it seems to show the cameras as just basic.  It must be a result of deleting the cameras from the hub and then resyncing them, but I'm not sure how to fix that.

st_shaw
Master Master
Master

I only used Smart during the beta. If I recall correctly you had to enable it. I could be wrong though. Maybe it was just person detection that had to be enabled.  If you dont see any smart settings in the web app, then something definitely isn't right.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to go to the Manage and Notifications section of Smart under Settings to check and change what cameras are enabled in Smart.

benlbaum
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED!!!!

So, even though my subscription said I had the Basic+Smart Add-on the cameras weren't included in smart for some reason.  I had reset the cameras and when they linked back up to the hub the didn't get reincluded in Smart.  So to fix that I had to unsubscribe from Basic+Smart back to Basic which gave me the refund for the unused service.  Since I only had it a few days I got a full refund.  Then I had to upgrade the service from Basic to Basic+Smart and I was able to select the two cameras when I did that.  Now everything is working.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation