Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Stopped getting email notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
benchrest
Aspirant
Aspirant

About a week ago I stopped getting email notifications. 10/17/19 was the last.  I have checked my settings which I have not changed for ever and see no problem. Video is being recorded. I can go to the web site and see recordings are being made, I just don't get emails.  I do have one camera with a dead battery, but the other 3 should work.  I go to mode/Armed/select edit for a camera. Motion is detected is set, Record Video is set, send email alert is set with my registered email address.

I restarted the base station with no luck. Like I say, video is being recorded when motion is detected, I just don't get an email.

Would appreciate any ideas. I have had this installed for some time with no changes, maybe over a year.

Rich

4 REPLIES 4
jllihotz
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue.  Can't seem to find a fix...

benchrest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to see I'm not the only one.  I have added a 2nd email address and that doesn't work either. Also checked a history of updates to my computer. No patches installed on or about the 17th or 18th.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey benchrest and jllihotz,

If you're having problems where you're not receiving email notifications anymore, try reading this article to see if this helps: Why am I not getting Arlo email alerts?

If you're still not receiving email notifications after looking through the article, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

benchrest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I think  I need to contact support. Of the five bullets in your article you  referenced, the first three have to do with my email address. First, I have used this email address for at least a year, it was my email address when I first set up Arlo and still works for other email. And I verified it has not changed.

But I noticed a problem. If I go to Setting/Profile, below my name is my email address I registered and it is correct. But if I select Edit Profile there is no opportunity to change this email address.  That seems wrong but does not apply for my problem, but looks like a user might have difficulty changing the registered email address.

bullet four is enable email alerts. That is set for all four cameras and I had made no changes. I did add a 2nd email address to one camera to see if that would work but didn't help.

I checked my spam folder for my Thunderbird email client. Nothing there. And I can find nothing has changed with my email client settings.

I will try to contact support in the next couple of days.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation