Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
uffe1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sound stuttering when watching live view, good wifi?

6 REPLIES 6
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

The cameras do not use your WiFi to transmit audio and video.  The cameras use their own connection to the Arlo base station.  So, your problem could be a poor connection between the camera and base station.  Check the signal quality in the Arlo application and/or try live view again after moving the camera and/or base so the signal is improved.

uffe1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still stuttering after 3-4 seconds, moved camera to base station, good signal, doesn’t do when playing recorded clips, all 4 cameras the same??????
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @uffe1,

Are you viewing this through the Arlo app on your phone? Have you tried viewing this with WiFi and cellular data? Do both show any stuttering while watching the live view?

SolarDude
Star
Star

This seems to be normal for my two Pro 2 cameras with good wifi.

When I open the video feed usually it will studder between frozen and palying 2-3 seconds of movement then freeze again.  Then other times it will start playing video in a steady stream without studdering much. 

Some times the video will start with some studdering and then start playing smooth after that. 

I can say it's seems to be a  50/50 chance on if the video will play smoothly or with constant freezing every few seconds.

The saved video files always play pack smoothly though which is nice. I do wish it streamed smoothly most of the time though. 

uffe1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use iPhone 6 Plus, no difference when using cellular or wifi, everything else is working perfect 😃🎥
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

At least everything else works fine. For your phone, try to uninstall the app, restart your phone, and reinstall the app to see if that helps with the live view to stream properly with no sound stuttering. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation