Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Slowest Connection to Cameras Ever

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Dsport
Follower
Follower

Anyone else experiencing slower and slower handshake times over the course of use of the wireless Arlo Pro 2 cameras? When I first purchased these a couple of years ago - connecting to the cameras from both my computer and my iPhone was almost instantaneous. This has eroded over the life of the system and now it can be as much as a full minute before the connection is established. This morning I was in the upstairs bathroom when I felt the floor shake and heard my dog barking. Being at home by myself at the time - I knew someone had entered my back door. I launched the app and waited...and waited... the dog kept barking so it was about to get dangerous. No help from my $500 Arlo Pro cameras. Spinning wheels on the app when I left the room running towards my pistol safe to run off the intruder.

Thanks Arlo. I’ll expect a response by Noon or I’m taking the whole thing back to The retailer for a refund.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Dsport

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to remedy the delay in live view? How often does this occur (every live viewing)?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation