Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

The latest update has removed the siren set up in edit mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue with the siren missing in the edit mode should now be fixed on the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.19. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19- 17th August 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Roosterboy wrote:
The latest update has removed the siren set up in edit mode.

Can we have a bit more detail?

Update to what? An app? If so, which one?

And where is this setting?

The Pro 2 siren is the hub.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

The arlo app update V2.18 from 3 days ago. The base station siren has been removed in edit mode settings. Previously I could choose whether to activate Or deactivate the siren when the system was armed.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Same issue on iPhone 5s running iOS v12.4.6 using arlo app v2.18.

Edit icons missing from siren devices when loaded into custom or default mode rules. Unable to activate siren or set siren duration.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Dannybear wrote:
Same issue on iPhone 5s running iOS v12.4.6 using arlo app v2.18.

Very helpful.

Now we know what we are talking about rather then a vague reference to "an app".

Those us with Android devices don't always seem the same bugs that clobber iOS.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

Shouldn’t these app updates be thoroughly tested on iOS/Android before being put out to the world!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

They are, with a beta system that anyone can apply to join.

But there is no accounting for every single variation in mobile clients and Arlo setups. How many types of iOS device are there out in the world? Android is even worse.

If an update went out that affected every user, that would be really serious. A handful of complaints is hardly a sign of sloppy testing, especially when there are times when complaints are down to user error. Maybe not this time, but is had happened.

When it does happen, Arlo can do very little when provided with skimpy details that don't even tell they what they are about, hence questions about the app we are talking about.

Just another user
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Roosterboy and Dannybear,

Can you show a screenshot of the siren showing missing in the edit mode section on your Arlo app?

Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

68236B1D-AFF1-492E-B601-957D8D21B561.pngThis is how it was before the updateThis is how it was before the update

Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

JessicaP,

The top photo is from my iPad with the latest app update V2.18.

The bottom photo is from my iPhone without the update. 
As can be seen under the Base Station Section there is a choice to activate siren or do nothing in the old version. This part is missing in the updated version.
This is in the edit mode for each camera on my system.

My android phone has the update and and still shows the siren choice to activate or do nothing.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@JessicaP

Photo of rule with missing edit icons for the sirens.
dcfox1
Master
Master

That's weird I just check app IOS 2.18 on phone and the option is still there. An Ipad  only problem mabey?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks Dannybear and Roosterboy for those screenshots.

I've passed it along to the development team and they're investigating this issue. We'll provide updates when we hear any new information from the team.

Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JessicaP,

I just deleted and reinstalled the Arlo app and the siren has re appeared in edit mode. Very strange!

Dannybear
Master
Master
@JessicaP
Same if I reinstall the App, I can get the edit option displayed but when I close the App and reopen it the edit option disappears again.
This is repeatable. Have tried phone power cycling with no change.
Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I have the same issue. Is this an Arlo or IOS problem. There was no issue before the App update.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@JessicaP
I updated the arlo iOS App to 2.18.1 and still not able to see the siren device edit icon. Deleting and reinstalling the app will show the icon but it still disappears again after restarting the app.
dmatt56
Star
Star

What happened to the option to trigger the audible base alarm siren when cameras are triggered?

Thanks
Matt

dmatt56
Star
Star
I have the same problem.
Roosterboy
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, the issue still exists.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dmatt56 wrote:
What happened to the option to trigger the audible base alarm siren when cameras are triggered?

It is still there for me.

What are you using to control it? An iOS app?

See what you can do from the browser graphical user interface.

Just another user
dmatt56
Star
Star
Seems odd these issues still occur with Arlo....
Everything seems to be geared to making you subscribe to Smart or upgrade cameras...
jaji
Aspirant
Aspirant

After upgrading to Arlo Apps 2.18.1(619) version on iOS 13.5.1 (iPhone). Couldn't setup rules to set motion sensor to trigger Base Station Siren. Anyone experience the same thing?

Tomich1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone besides me lost their base/hub siren on/off option for their cameras since a recent iOS update?   Mine is gone and the option to add it back in is gone as well. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes, same issue.
Workarounds are to use a web browser or to delete and reinstall the arlo iOS App, edit the changes required. You will again loose the feature again when you logout and log back in.
Discussion stats