Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Should I buy The Arlo Cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CJR63
Follower
Follower

Friend has these but some issues, delayed while watching on phone, choppy sometimes. I wanna buy but feel price is still to high. Best buy has sale but $30 bucks of or so not such a deal. Where can I find better pricing, cause once I buy and if have issues gonna be hard to return for refund.. guaranteed

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@CJR63

Purchasing a new system from Best Buy, Costco or Amazon, (or even ordering through Walmart),  are probably your best bets as they have pretty good return policies. As far as choppy, pixellated videos go, that is usually caused by insufficient upload speeds from your internet provider/plan or interferrence from other devices.

Brian

Jimbodos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the system and I am very happy.  One camera drained in 7 days but there was alot of activity and lots of motions and alerts.   I really dont understand why the batteries would last for 30 days.  Other 4 camera are 85%  and other is 70%.  I get heavy use and lots of motion.  Everything else works good.  Good feeling to have this security.

Note.  I bought a surge/back up battery system for $150.  My circuit breakers are outside the home and I dont want criminal to shut off the system from outside.  My cameras should last for hours in case of a power outage.

I think it is a little unusal for battery to drain in a week but then lots of cars driving by and it records every one.  I have camera pointed at front yard and entry and street. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation