Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared devices not showing

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
FUMCOffice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had Arlo Pro 2 cameras set up and working for some time now.  I have now tried sharing the cameras and hub to my boss, but he doesn't see any of the shared devices when he logs into his Arlo account.  The settings on the main account show that all access is granted and that his invitation is accepted.  We have tried waiting a day and restarting his personal device.  It also doesn't show when he logs on through his pc.  I tried deleting him as a guest user and sending a new invitation for him to accept through his pc instead of through his phone, but with the same results.

18 REPLIES 18
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I read that for sharing to work you now need to have the same app experience on all granted users as the owner account.

Is this the case with your setup?

Be aware that once you update to the new experience you can’t back out.

FUMCOffice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!

I'm sorry, I'm not certain what the "app experience" is.  You mean the same app on the same type of device, same version of the app, or same permissions granted as the primary account associated with the Arlo devices?  I'm am pretty certain that all of those options apply as he downloaded the app as I shared it with him and we both use iPhone (but different versions of iPhone).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FUMCOffice wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm not certain what the "app experience" is.  

Arlo is in the process of redoing the UI in the app, and currently both the old and new UI are being used by customers.  They are calling the new UI experience "Feed", the existing UI experience they are calling "Library".  If you see "Library" in your app, then you still have the old experience.  If you see "Feed", then you have the new one.

There was a glitch with friend accounts - you need to be using "Feed" for this to work.  Info on switching to Feed is here:

If you move to Feed, you won't be able to move back.  There clearly are some bugs in the new user experience, so if you aren't in a rush to get friend accounts working, then you might want to wait a bit.

FUMCOffice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the reply!  We'll wait for the next update and see if look into it again at that time to see if the kinks have been worked out.

kenv996
Tutor
Tutor

What a mess.  Granting friend access not working for me either.  I think using the term “user experience” for an app is the first problem.  Using obscure terminology shows how they think when they develop the app. Nobody including themselves can figure it out.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kenv996 wrote:

I think using the term “user experience” for an app is the first problem.  

Not sure there is a better term. The phrase "User Experience" is very common in the tech industry, and most companies have a User Experience team (which is distinct from the software developers).

From my perspective, the problems are that

• the new interface has dropped some features that many people need.
  • they rolled out the new interface with inadequate testing
  • they didn't provide a way to revert back to "Library" (or a straightforward way to migrate to "Feed".)

knowelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi there, has this since been resolved or are there still clear issues with the “new” experience?

jesscor
Aspirant
Aspirant

NOT Fixed. Still cannot add new friends to share.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jesscor wrote:

NOT Fixed. Still cannot add new friends to share.

Are you saying that the invites aren't showing up as accepted in primary account?

Or that they are accepted, but the friends aren't seeing the recordings?

Parhal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing for me, this sucks. 

Parhal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cant see The shared camera in The app

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Parhal wrote:

I cant see The shared camera in The app

Does the invitation show as accepted in the primary account?

Also, there are two user interfaces at the moment (very confusing), and they need to match in order to see the cameras.  One interface shows "feed" and "dashboard", the other shows "Library".  Check both accounts, and see if these are the same.  It is possible to migrate from "Library" to "Feed", but it is not possible to go from "Feed" back to "Library".

The way to migrate is to 

1. go into add device
  2. start to add a Pro 5s camera (or the home security system)

You can't complete that, since you don't have the camera.  But the process will shift you to "Feed".

Parhal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it shows as accepted. 

I cant see any "library interface" I only have feed and dashboard and I only have one account

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Parhal wrote:

Yes, it shows as accepted. 

I cant see any "library interface" I only have feed and dashboard and I only have one account

The cameras are shared with another account, correct?

What interface does the other account have?

Parhal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, my friends account is library one. If he migrates to feed then he loses shares to other firends?

Is it possible for me to change to library interface?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Parhal wrote:

Is it possible for me to change to library interface?

Unfortunately, no.  People can migrate from Library->Feed, but not from Feed to Library.

@Parhal wrote:

Yes, my friends account is library one. If he migrates to feed then he loses shares to other firends?

Once the primary account is migrated to "Feed" all the "friend" accounts will also need to be migrated.

lawriebaker
Aspirant
Aspirant

So how would I migrate from Library to Feed ??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lawriebaker wrote:

So how would I migrate from Library to Feed ??

You go into "add device", and then start to add a Pro 5s camera.  I realize you don't have one, but it doesn't matter for this.  You don't need to complete the process -early on, the process will migrate your account to "Feed".

There are a lot of differences, and some drawbacks.  The biggest limitation is the lack of custom modes in "Feed".  People here have also struggled with scheduling - which is done somewhat differently.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation